Bonjour from Paris!


Advertisement
France's flag
Europe » France » Île-de-France » Paris
August 5th 2006
Published: August 5th 2006
Edit Blog Post

Hey
another quick email here just killing some time before our night tour of Paris!! We arrived here this afternoon! Our Contiki started bright and early this morning at 6am.... although i didnt go to bed last nite hahah we had a big one at the pub in the hotel we were all at. you know welcome drinks and such. we closed the bar down and then headed out to get breakfast for this morning. somehow i ended up with a breakfast bar, pineapple slices, 2 Tiramasu kit kat bars and 2 post cards one of Prince charles grabbing his man hood and another of a guy standing in front of the british guards wearing nothing but the union jack hahaha ya i have no clue. a bunch of us were too afraid that we were going to sleep in and miss the bus so we just stayed up. needless to say i slept most of the way to paris today (thereby missing vimy ridge and the entire speel on its history. dang.)

our tour leader and driver are super awesome as is everyone on the tour! we even have a brand spanking new coach to cruise around in with satellite radio and everything! we have affectionaly named our coach 'Rudy'. (it was originally christmas coach because its number 2512 but then we decided to call it rudolph, or rudy for short!)

havnt done much else today as it was quite the drive down here. the weather is very very nice. great change from the cloudy skys in london (although there wasnt a cloud to be found this a.m. when we were leaving. you would know hahaha)

but i should go as there is quite the lineup to use the one internet terminal in the place we are staying. sorry no pics again but i will catch up on that as soon as i can

miss you all
xoxox
-luv "canook" (aussies call me canuck but it sounds more like canook hahah)



Advertisement



Tot: 0.082s; Tpl: 0.016s; cc: 10; qc: 45; dbt: 0.0515s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb