Bye bye Paris


Advertisement
France's flag
Europe » France » Île-de-France » Paris
May 24th 2012
Published: May 24th 2012
Edit Blog Post

We had a great last day in Paris. A very long and busy day but it was worth it. We started the day by going to the Museum de l'Orangerie, it is a lovely small museum and not very crowded which was nice. We then went for a boat ride on the Seine; very relaxing. Then it was off to the Louvre museum, it is a huge place. They have over 35,000 pieces of art in there. It was really good and I enjoyed it. We made sure we got to see the main works.... Mona Lisa and all of the other famous pieces. I think we have seen over 10,000 statues on this trip! There were at least 1000 in the Louvre. All very impressive. I think our brains are a little overloaded, so much to see. It was quite crowded in some parts, between tour groups and school children. We went home for a while just to catch our breath for a while. The day was quite hot 28...we preferred it when it was a little overcast.

We headed back into town and went for another little ride on the river. By this time it was after 8 pm so had a nice dinner and a lovely French red.

Time to go and see the Eiffel tower at night, it was a magnificent sight. We couldn't stop staring at it. Graeme had to drag me away! As we wandered down the street I happened to look back and there it was in all its glory with flashing lights, what a sight.

We had to go all the way across town on the Metro to get home, 3 train changes (experts now). Got home just before midnight. Up at 6 this morning on the train by 8 and into Cologne for the night. Berlin tomorrow for 3 nights.


Additional photos below
Photos: 6, Displayed: 6


Advertisement



Tot: 0.264s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 8; qc: 47; dbt: 0.0552s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb