Europa


Advertisement
France's flag
Europe » France » Île-de-France » Paris
May 13th 2012
Published: May 15th 2012
Edit Blog Post

Day 1.

We arrived early after a 22 hour flight, including a 2 hr stopover in Singapore. Walked the entire terminal 3 and part of 1 so we decided that a shower was a good idea - worked a treat, much fresher after that.

Paris on a Sunday is rather quiet. We met our man for the handover of the apartment at abouut 0845. He told us we couldn't get in until 1000 and suggested we go to the little bistro on the corner and have a coffee. Good choice - coffee, juice, croissant and baguette with butter and jam. Very Parisian.

Into the apartment at 1000. Got the whole deal on how to do Paris, what to look out for and the tour of the apartment. Exactly whatnot looked like on the net so that was a relief. Perfect size and fit out for our short stay. Even able to hook onto the WiFi and call the girls on Viber (isn't technology Great when it works).

Got sort of unpacked and hit the streets - 1st port of call, the Tour Eiffel - onlminute walks walk from 'home'. Wow - even bigger than expected. Pics under the tower - once I got the camera working. Then onto one of the hop on hop off buses - the geen ones for those who have done Paris before. We did the main Paris tour which showed us lots of the special places and stunning buildings, etc. guess what - left hat in the apartment so red head........

Got on to a BatoBoat (part of the ticket) and did the Seine. Had late lunch/dinner on the Boulevarde St Germaine near the Sorbonne.... Like theFrench bits included here....

By that time we were knackered so headed home on the boat again. Short walk to the apartment and off to bed (about 2100 and still reasonably light).

Advertisement



Tot: 0.17s; Tpl: 0.013s; cc: 7; qc: 23; dbt: 0.1116s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb