French Wine, Cheese & Crepes!


Advertisement
France's flag
Europe » France » Île-de-France » Paris
April 29th 2006
Published: July 21st 2006
Edit Blog Post

Moulin RougeMoulin RougeMoulin Rouge

The Moulin Rouge in Montmarte.
A Weekend in Paris (29th April - 1st May 206)

It's all about the food!

Eiffel Tower
What an absolutely stunning city we arrived in on the Eurostar from London Waterloo. As we walked towards the Eiffel Tower we were in awe of the amazing buildings. The queue to climb the tower was almost as long as the tower is tall! So, to keep up our energy levels for the long wait and then the long climb we had our first crepe with banana, chocolate and whipped cream! Some great views of the city including almost a birds eye view of the Arc De Triomphe.

Notre Dame Cathedral & Sacre Cour
The cathedral and Sacre Cour were just two of many amazing buildings. Such intricate carvings especially the gargoyles on the cathedral. It must have then been time for another crepe! I think it was a Nutella crepe the next time around!

Paris By Night
The Eiffel Tower looked fantastic at night as did the Seine River, The Louvre and the Moulin Rouge. The Louvre was a tiny bit eerie at night. Dinner in the Latin Quarter included real French Onion Soup and Creme Broule. You forget
Linda, what are you doing up there?!Linda, what are you doing up there?!Linda, what are you doing up there?!

You are supposed to climb gum trees!
how many great foods originate in France!

Arc De Triomphe
How is that for a roundabout?! With 12 incoming roads. Apparently the rules are, those entering the roundabout have right of way! Thank goodness I don't do driving assessments in Paris!

The Louvre Museum
A massive museum and really lovely to walk around. Thankfully there are a few helpful signs pointing the way to the Mona Lisa. Surely, it must have been time for another crepe! This time something savoury - cheese and ham!

Rodin Museum
A museum with Rodin's sculptures both indoors and outdoors. The Thinker and The Kiss were both very impressive to see. It was a little cold and wet for the second part of the weekend so we did need to stop and have a van chaud (hot red spicy wine) to warm up.

Frogs Legs in Montmarte
We had a lovely evening in Place du Tertre, the main village square. Artists surrounded the square, drawing portraits, caricatures and painting landscapes. We even had frogs legs for dinner, another french delicacy. A little bit like chicken I suppose but very little meat on the bone. You can even make the legs dance
Arc De TriompheArc De TriompheArc De Triomphe

View of the Arc De Triomphe from the Eiffel Tower. Chaos!
at the end of the meal!

Van Gough Museum
I may not have enjoyed art very much at school but I did appreciate seeing the work of Van Gough.

Cruise on the Seine
It was nice to get that overall picture of the city from the river. We were able to get off the boat and have a wander.

Picnic on the Eurostar
What a great way to finish the weekend! Bern, Elizabeth, Elena and I enjoyed a picnic dinner on the Eurostar on our way back to London. Of course there was French wine, baugettes, french cheese and chocolate!


Additional photos below
Photos: 14, Displayed: 14


Advertisement

Eiffel TowerEiffel Tower
Eiffel Tower

Bern, Elena and I in the gardens in front of the Eiffel Tower.
Paris By NightParis By Night
Paris By Night

Overlooking the Seine River.
Frogs Legs!Frogs Legs!
Frogs Legs!

Eating frogs legs at a restaurant in Place du Terte (main village square in Montmarte).


21st July 2006

legs
Love the Legs Lou!

Tot: 0.288s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 21; qc: 92; dbt: 0.0804s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 2; ; mem: 1.3mb