Au Revoir Paris!


Advertisement
France's flag
Europe » France » Île-de-France » Paris
May 26th 2006
Published: May 26th 2006
Edit Blog Post

Well today is our last day in Paris for now until the 3rd of June. We are going to be taking an overnight train to Venice, Italy. On the train we reserved an couchette which will sleep 4 other people besides ourselves! Should be interesting!
We got to see a lot of stuff in Paris. The Louvre, Notre Dame, Saint Chappelle, Orsay Museum, Eiffel Tower, of course and much more...
There are many strange things here that we have noticed. Everything is quite small, showers, beds, traffic signals, cars, streets, elevators especially and the dog leashes are so small in fact that you can't even see them. The sun doesn't go down here until about 10pm which is really strange but it's also cool because you get a lot more stuff done. All the stores close especially early and the restaurants usually close a lot later. The people here seem pretty nice as long as you say bonjour, merci, and S'il vous plait (hello, thank you and please). The food is okay,(well Dave loves it! It's food of course he does!) a lot of bread! Baguettes, sandwiches, keische, cheese (Stinky!) pastries and desserts. The wine is good and cheap and the beer is okay. The weather is always cloudy and maybe the sun comes out once, but it is definitely cold! Paris is a really fun place to hang out and people watch. It also has a lot of history that has left really awesome buildings!
Well, time to go and we'll write from Italy next!



Advertisement



29th May 2006

Rendez vous in Paris???
Hey Shannon, sounds like you guys saw it all...I am planning on heading to Paris on the 1st, keep me posted and perhaps we can meet!!!

Tot: 0.064s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 6; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0406s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb