Cologne boy


Advertisement
France's flag
Europe » France » Île-de-France » Paris
April 29th 2006
Published: May 3rd 2006
Edit Blog Post

We woke up this morning and went back to the water and the Eiffel Tower for the bike tour. The strangest thing happened. We were just chillin on the metro when all of a sudden we heard music. We looked up and there was a black curtain with little puppets bouncing up and down. There was no skill or anything, but afterward, the guy took done his backdrop and came around asking for money! I just about died laughing. What a joke!

We found the bike tour and Carla and I were scared because we hadn’t done any exercise for three months, but we didn’t die. We had a blast! Half the time we couldn’t control the bike and were inches away from running into something, but it was incredible. The weather was nice and we stopped for lunch! My kind of tour. Plus, our tour guy was a lot of fun. His name was Mike and he was from Sacramento, California. He was young and had a lot of energy. We saw the Military School, the Military Hospital, the Dome Church, Louis XIV bridge, the Obelisk, and the Eiffel Tower. Not only did we see them, but we found out history about them!

We came back and Carla and I were still hungry. Lunch was expensive and not filling. I got a sugar crepe and she got a hotdog covered in cheese. It sounds gross, but it wasn’t bad. Then we waited in line for almost two hours to go to the top of the Eiffel Tower. We stood in line behind the funniest dad. I don’t know any French, but he was so animated that I understood a good portion of what he was saying! We got to the top and knew that people weren’t lying. It was worth the wait. You could see everything from up there. It was great.
We got down and had to go to the grocery store before it closed. We asked around and were running around like chickens with their heads cut off. It was buried off in the corner somewhere. We walked in and it smelled like sour milk. I wanted to leave, but we needed breakfast food so we didn’t starve anymore! We made the trip quick and then went to the Triumph Ark.

I don’t know why we are so picky, but we walked around for 40 minutes trying to find a restaurant for food. We said that it had to be French and inside. You wouldn’t think it would be that difficult, but everything was so expensive! But the place we found was scrumptious. We had some good pasta.

Since our hostel was in a sketchy area, we didn’t want to get home too late, so we went back. Or at least we tried to. We were walking home and there were police men everywhere! We didn’t know what was going on, so we were walking really fast! People were in the middle of the street screaming and cars were passing waving flags out the window. We finally guessed that the French had won some kind of game and this was their way of celebrating. I wanna join! So then, we got on the wrong metro and I thought we could just get off at another stop, but they use the same number and color for different lines; one just has a filled in circle and the other isn’t. Curses!

We switched metros and sat across from this guy who looked about our age. He had just bought some cologne and was smelling it. If my guy wore what he had, I would not complain! It smelled good. I wanted to tell him I liked it, but Carla couldn’t remember how to say it. Eventually we caught on to the fact that he could understand us. When we looked at something, he looked, and even if we didn’t look, he still knew. We couldn’t just leave without saying anything, so Carla said goodbye in French and I told him I liked his cologne in English. He said bye and then he said, “thank you very much!” He did understand! And when the metro was pulling away we looked back and he had a little smirk on his face! Good times.

We got back to the hostel and our guy roommate was sleeping again! We never saw that kid awake. We were going to shower but decided we didn’t want to make a lot of noise and wake him up. Instead, we read Carla’s Glamour magazine and did the exercises in it! We are such nerds! We couldn’t even do half of them. I guess we don’t have any ab muscle left. The bed was calling our names and we listened.


Advertisement



Tot: 0.221s; Tpl: 0.015s; cc: 5; qc: 44; dbt: 0.052s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb