Walking in a winter wonderland


Advertisement
France's flag
Europe » France » Île-de-France » Paris
December 22nd 2009
Published: November 5th 2010
Edit Blog Post

We woke up one morningWe woke up one morningWe woke up one morning

and this is waht we saw from Maria's apartment
We woke up this morning to the most beautiful sight. We looked out of the window and the whole street below was covered in a white blanket. It had snowed very heavily last night and had blanketed the whole of Paris. It was so beautiful.

Krisel's edit: Bonjour. I always wanted to wear high heeled boots and walk thru the streets of Paris - like they do on television - it always looks so hip and cool - but when I saw it in reality it was really the most uncool thing ever!! All the Parisian ladies were wearing high heeled shoes and just slipping and sliding in the slippery ice. It was so funny, but everyone just helped each other up and just continued on, like it was nothing out of the ordinary to be falling in the ice. I thought 'OMG why are you people wearing such high heeled shoes in the slippery ice. You could break your neck in a fall!!!'
The other thing I have to comment on is the bakery near Maria's house that we passed every day. The man looked so friendly so we went inside to ask him what was in the pies.
a blanket of snowa blanket of snowa blanket of snow

covering the streets
He replied FROMAGE. We asked him if it was chicken and he repeated fromage. He could not speak English. We did not know what fromage was and thought it was so funny, so every day we went inside to ask him what was in the pies - just to hear him say the word. it was just the way he said it. We later learned that fromage is cheese.

The bakery inside Monoprix was also really nice. One morning mom bought us these delicious mini pizzas and while we were standing in the bakery eating them, mom went inside to do some shopping for lunch. The lady at the bakery was so kind, she gave Kee and me some little cakes to eat (for free) because we were waiting a long time for mom (long time being about 1/2 an hour!!!!). I thought that was so nice of her and those cakes were delicious!


Additional photos below
Photos: 19, Displayed: 19


Advertisement

the dirty streets of Paristhe dirty streets of Paris
the dirty streets of Paris

were so beautiful covered in snow
we just fell in love withwe just fell in love with
we just fell in love with

Paris all over again
And ended up stayingAnd ended up staying
And ended up staying

an extra day in this timeless city
The streets of ParisThe streets of Paris
The streets of Paris

were too beautiful in the snow
Walking in...Walking in...
Walking in...

a winter wonderland with...
Life could not getLife could not get
Life could not get

better than this
Gates to theGates to the
Gates to the

Parliament buildings


Tot: 0.084s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 5; qc: 45; dbt: 0.0596s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb