Weekend in Paris


Advertisement
France's flag
Europe » France » Île-de-France » Paris
September 17th 2009
Published: September 17th 2009
Edit Blog Post

On Friday evening, the other interns and I went to Brussels Midi Station to depart for Paris. We arrived in Paris around 7:30pm and by the time we found our hotel it was close to 8:30pm. Our hotel was really close to the Gare de Lyon and to tell you the truth, I was a little worried about what our hotel would be like because it only cost us 20 euros a night to stay there...but it was actually pretty decent! That was a nice surprise!
After checking into the hotel and dropping off our bags, we took the metro to the Eiffel Tower. We all wanted to see the Eiffel Tower at night and we were even able to see it sparkle (which it does once an hour). After visiting the Eiffel Tower and taking some pictures, we all got a crepe (of course) and we walked along the Seine River and took a cab back to our hotel.
On Saturday, we got up bright and early, had some breakfast and headed to Notre Dame Cathedral. We decided to go on a free walking tour of Paris and it started at 11:00am from St. Michel's Fountain. The walking tour was awesome! We had a great tour guide (who was really entertaining) and she took us to all the major sights in Paris - Louvre, Tuileries Gardens, Arc de Triumphe, Notre Dame, Eiffel Tower. It lasted 3.5 hours and by the end of it, we were all pretty tired. Even though we had just walked all around Paris, we all decided to climb the huge summit and go to Montmartre to see the Sacre Coeur Basilica and the artsy distict. We had dinner in Montmartre and then headed back to St. Michel's fountain, where there was a pub crawl, which was arranged from the same company that did the free walking tour in the day. The pub crawl was a lot of fun! We visited 4 different bars and we met a lot of great people!
Because of our late night on Saturday, we had quite a slow morning on Sunday. We didn't leave our hotel until 10:30am and then we had a quick breakfast and went to the Opera House. We toured around the opera house for a while and took some pictures. In the afternoon we took it easy and just walked around the Champs Elysees, saw the Arc de Triumphe and relaxed in the Tuileries Gardens.


Additional photos below
Photos: 21, Displayed: 21


Advertisement



Tot: 0.376s; Tpl: 0.013s; cc: 10; qc: 46; dbt: 0.0845s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb