Eurorail Trip Day 3


Advertisement
France's flag
Europe » France » Île-de-France » Paris
July 8th 2009
Published: July 9th 2009
Edit Blog Post

Today started off with securing a ticket to get to Paris... as Ricky will happily tell you that the que took him over 30 minutes and he was not to impressed. I gaurded the back packs and sat my ass on the floor 😊 well the tickets are tiny you wouldnt believe it can get you around Paris for a day but it does.

Our train journey was pretty quick and we were figuring out how to get onto the Metro and work the Parisian system in no time at all. thank goodness for years of London tubes paid off sometime. It took us no time at all to get use to the metro system and we were soon trying to figure out the street and find the names of the streets to get to the hotel, that was another story all on its own.. millions of little streets and limited names... fun fun fun

The hotel on its own was an interesting experience French men that were unable to understand us and just said leave your bags and come back 3 oclock was the most english they spoke... haha well we sat in the lobby and found free internet and thats how we got to be able to set up the blogs and give you some info.

well after me having a little nap we got up and went to the station to try and book our tickets to Barcelona for a couple of days time(we have a one month train ticket that means we do not have to pay for any european trains just book seats on the trains and pay the cost to reserve ). After waiting in the que for about and hour, no lies we finally got to the one of the two windows that were operating and the lady (thank god she spoke english ) was able to tell us that the southern trains to Spain are fully booked for 2 weeks. So we were two very unhappy stressed puppies as Barcelona has been paid and boooked and so has Switzerland after that.

We then decided to get our mind off of the fact that we might loose all our money and not be able to go anyway.. Ricky was sulking about not seieng the Nu camp( for those of you like me the football stadium) and so we got dressed and headed out to go and see the Eiffel Tower at night.

WOW! Thanks to Yves for the station name and making this probably the most amazing experience so far... what an amazing creation and what a majestical feel to the area in front of and around the tower. it is completely unexplainable and out of this world! The pics hopefully explain for themselves! My smart husband then decided that seen as the que was so short we are going to go up the tower at night. For those of you that don't know me to well I am petrified of heights and lifts.....

I was not excited about going up the tower as the lifts and me .. well they are not friends. But once at the 2nd level it was pretty amazing to be able to see in 360 degrees - Paris at night. Ricky and I took loads of pics and Ricky was very happy to stay up there in the sky and I was extremely unethusiastics to be up so high and well needless to say I couldn't wait to get down.

Well after that we made our way back on the Metro to get ourselves back to the hotel where we crashed at 12pm and thanks goodness for that as we were both completely shattered and slept for our first night in Paris. ....


Additional photos below
Photos: 7, Displayed: 7


Advertisement



9th July 2009

Hi
Hi looking good sorry to hear that you can't get seats on the trains but it looks like you guys are have a great time ! I see you been working out been able to pick up the tower like that. Keep up the blog its great to see what you up to !

Tot: 0.108s; Tpl: 0.016s; cc: 6; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0435s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb