Day in Paris


Advertisement
France's flag
Europe » France » Île-de-France » Paris
June 1st 2009
Published: June 2nd 2009
Edit Blog Post

So today was amazing! We had to get up super early to make our train that left at 7:15 am. We finally arrived in Paris at 9:30ish. Then we immediately but all day passes for the metro which was very helpful. Then we rode the metro to the Eiffel tower which was our first stop. It was absolutely amazing! We took about a million pictures of it and with it. We also met up with Kat's friend Shannon who is actually a student from SFA who has been studying about an hour away from Paris since February. After that we decided to take a boat tour since the Eiffel tour is way far off from everything else. Shannon gave us a little history on some of the places we were passing and one of them was the street where Princess Diana was killed.The next thing we stopped at was the Notre Dame Cathedral but before we actually went over to see it we ate lunch. I had a crepe with ham, cheese and mushrooms. I had been so excited about getting a crepe the whole time and I was a little disappointed with theirs. I also got a dessert one with caramel. It was okay but not what I expected. Then after we did a little souvenir shopping and went on to look at the church. It was gorgeous.We also went inside to see the sanctuary. Then we went on to the Louvre. We decided that it would be quicker to walk there. So thats what we did. We definitely did not have time to go inside but we took pictures outside. It was humongous and so pretty.Supposedly if you took 30 seconds to look at everything in there it would take you 4 months to get through it. After that we went to see the Arc de triumph. We walked over to the front of it. It was pretty cool as well. Then to pass the time we walked down the street with all the fancy shops. Then we went on to see this area where lots of painters go. Our last couple of hours there were spent there at a little cafe. I just got some bottled water and a bowl of french onion soup. It was really good! Around 9 we went over to where our train was and got their in plenty of time. We got back super late and were all pretty much exhausted but it was awesome!I am so glad that I went!

Advertisement



Tot: 0.121s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 7; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0411s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb