Sacre Couer


Advertisement
France's flag
Europe » France » Île-de-France » Paris
January 1st 2009
Published: January 20th 2009
Edit Blog Post

After a little sleep in, we finally made it out to Sacre Coeur to have a look around, which Mum had been raving about all trip and waiting for her chance to go back to it. We had had the same idea as a lot of people, although we decided to forego the funicular (cable car thingee) and climb all the steps up to the church instead, so that wasnt quite so crowded. It was a grey and misty day, so we didnt have much of a view over the city, but the view inside more than made up for it. Its a lot plainer than some of the other churches we had seen, but i think that added to the charm. After spending some time sitting down and gazing around and admiring, we headed out again and made our way over to the local artists market. Well, if you are a rich american tourist you may be able to afford the prices there, however for most of us it is a little out of our budget, but the scene was charming nonetheless. After forifying ourselves with some ham and cheese, and nutella crepes, we walked back down the hill to the most wonderful Art Noveau metro station, and across the road discovered an amazing church that was in an almost celtic art noveau style. We then went back for another stroll along the Champs Ellyses in the daytime, and then to the Trocadero, for some more touristy shots of the Eiffel tower, and then for another 5 mile walk to the Metro station. We finished the day up at our local bakery (again) and settled in for an early night, as we had a huuuuuge day of siteseeing ahead of us the next day.


Additional photos below
Photos: 3, Displayed: 3


Advertisement



Tot: 0.136s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 6; qc: 58; dbt: 0.0714s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb