Disneyland!


Advertisement
France's flag
Europe » France » Île-de-France » Paris
December 7th 2008
Published: December 8th 2008
Edit Blog Post

Today we met Tesni and Yohanne (aplogies, not sure of the spelling) and spend the day at Disneyland. I'm not sure about it being the happiest place in the world, but we had a good time anyway. We met the two of them at the train station and went and queued straight away to get into the Park (the train station is right on the doorstep of the park), and waited in line for about 45 minutes before they let us in to the park at 9.45am. However, none of the 'lands' opened til 10am, so all you could do until then was shop in 'Main Street USA', and queue up to go into whichever land you wanted to start with. (At this point the fog was so thick that you could barely make out the Disney castle, and it barely even lifted till the end of the day)

We started with Frontierland, and only had about 15 minutes to queue to get into the Thunder Railroad. Everything was pretty much exactly like the LA disneyland, it was amazing. However the big difference that we did notice was the attention to detail on the surroundings, even when waiting in line the sets were amazing and totally in keeping with the ride we were waiting to go on. The had the usuals, like the star wars ride and space mountain (a roller coaster in the dark), and indiana jones and the haunted house. Tesni had found out about these 'fast passes' you could get to book yourself a place for certain rides at a certain time so you could come back later and avoid the queues, and that was great.

However there was still a certain amount of queueing, as being a weekend the park was chocker block and we had to wait over half an hour to get onto the Pirates of the Carribean ride (which was worth it though, it was awesome).

We had bought a ticket that got us into both Disneyland for the day and Walt Disney Studios, so we headed over there when we realised that it closed at 7pm, 3 hours earlier than disneyland. However we didnt end up doing anythere there as nothing looked that great, and the waits were between an hour and a half and two hours by then.

We had tea at Planet Hollywood (we got a 20% discount through our hotel, and the prices were still extortionate, but the meals were wonderful and it was great to sit down in the warm), and then headed back to show off our hotel to Tesni and Yohanne.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.126s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 7; qc: 58; dbt: 0.0607s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb