maybe peeeeeek-chas


Advertisement
France's flag
Europe » France » Île-de-France » Paris
November 28th 2008
Published: November 28th 2008
Edit Blog Post

hope this works

more to come later


Additional photos below
Photos: 63, Displayed: 22


Advertisement



28th November 2008

Quelles Belles Photos
Bonjour les jeunes Les photos sont tres bonnes! Hereux de voir que Chris est en plein forme! Very nice to see you guys having such a great time. Tante Carole
28th November 2008

LOVED YOUR PICTURES, BETH AND YOU APPEAR TO BE PART OF THE HOMELAND, HOPE EVERYONE HAS A GREAT TIME IN PARIS, THANKS AGAIN TO CHRIS FOR ALL THE SPOILING HE IS DOING OF MY 2 GIRLS. LOOK FORWARD TO SEEING AND HEARING MORE. LOVE THE COLD WINTERY RAMORE'S. MOON SAYS HI
28th November 2008

Love the pictures!
I love love love all the pictures... It is sooo cool to see the pictures from The Sound of Music. I started singing to myself as I looked through them! I was there with you in spirit, singing and running all the way!
28th November 2008

HAHAHAHAHAHA. SOOOOO vera vera jealous of dancing in the garden!! Enjoy todays adventure.
28th November 2008

Oh, I am so, so jealous??
So when do I get a chance to go to Europe with you? I am oh so jealous of your youth, your health, your adventure!! These pics are the best. But they make me want to be there. I can see a few that will adorn my walls for sure. Missed your call at about noon here, I think. Must be dinner time for you at Arc de Triomphe. And in case it isn't in your guide books here is what it is all about. Will you follow the L'Axe historique?? ............The Arc de Triomphe is a monument in Paris, France that stands in the centre of the Place Charles de Gaulle, also known as the Place de l'Étoile. It is at the western end of the Champs-Élysées. The triumphal arch honors those who fought for France, particularly during the Napoleonic Wars. On the inside and the top of the arc there are all of the names of generals and wars fought. Underneath is the tomb of the unknown soldier from World War I. The Arc is the linchpin of the historic axis (L'Axe historique) — a sequence of monuments and grand thoroughfares on a route which goes from the courtyard of the Louvre Palace to the outskirts of Paris. The monument was designed by Jean Chalgrin in 1806, and its iconographic program pitted heroically nude French youths against bearded Germanic warriors in chain mail and set the tone for public monuments, with triumphant nationalistic messages, until World War I. The monument stands 49.5 metres (162 ft) in height, 45 metres (148 ft) wide and 22 meters (72 ft) deep. It is the second largest triumphal arch in existence. Its design was inspired by the Roman Arch of Titus. The Arc de Triomphe is so colossal that three weeks after the Paris victory parade in 1919, marking the end of hostilities in World War I, Charles Godefroy flew his Nieuport biplane through it, with the event captured in a newsreel. See http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Triumphal_arch for info re other triumphal arches, including 4 in Canada.
3rd December 2008

Amazing adventure
Hope you are having a wonderful time-well you are, it shows. It will change you forever and you will always treasure doing this, despite the bad days. I am a friend from your babyhood Chris,a sweetie you sure were. Will follow your journey with memories of my similar one I took after school. Should have dragged your Mom.Funny how life gets busy and tangled up, so when you get the chance-GO. Hurrah for both of you!

Tot: 0.087s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 6; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0446s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb