Valentines Day in Paris


Advertisement
France's flag
Europe » France » Île-de-France » Paris
February 15th 2003
Published: July 14th 2008
Edit Blog Post

Total Distance: 0 miles / 0 kmMouse: 0,0


Its been a while so I figured you were all due another e-mail designed to update you on where I am. At precidely this moment I'm in Birmingham working out ways to avoid concentrating on reviewing some month end numbers......yep your part of my coffee break.

Anyway, its been a really busy 7 weeks or since I been back. Every weekend I've pretty much had something on so finding time to sleep, let alone write e-mails has proven a little difficult. The weather here finally seems to have broken with an astounding top today in London of 15 deg........was all set to whip out the short sleeved shirts and make sure I had plenty of sunscreen on........funny how your definition of warm is altered......7 degrees = nice day, 15 = heatwave.

So to update.....Paris.....ahhhh what can I say simply love that place, even though getting there nearly proved a disaster......lets just say that you do need your passport and working out that you don't have whilst on the way to Waterloo Station to catch the Eurostar is not a good time to work that out!!!! If that wasn't enough of an impediment, being told by the check-in attendant that using a friends card to book the tickets and not happening to have that card on you constututed Credit Card Fraud also cast into doubt whether the weekend planned was going to eventuate......must say it was looking like a local pub and a dodgy kebab there for a while........did think about that!!!!! Anyway we eventually made it and after a few soothing drinks on the train over arrived at Gar d Nord expecting that the Hotel we'd booked over the internet would prove to be a rat infested brothel.....was having visions of that Penang hotel mmmmmm.......but to our surprise it proved not only exist but was actually pretty good. Ended up being a lovely weekend.....Happy Valentines Gorgeous Girl!

Spent the weekend walking Paris, as you tend to do. It was crisply cold, so it was a welcome reliefe we found a Brasserie and settled in for a cliched meal of French Onion Soup and Beef Burgundy.....honestly though it hit the spot. We walked up the Champ Elysse and a couple of nights out in Paris. All in all a pretty good time.

Have to also say we were lucky enough to score a couple of tickets to the Aust v Eng friendly......will maek it down as one of the most fantastic sporting events I have ever been at.......when Popovic put through the first we just went sick.......had to be a little careful though because we were sitting in the England section, but when kewell got round Rio.......nothing could contain our delight!!!!!!!!

Advertisement



Tot: 0.059s; Tpl: 0.008s; cc: 6; qc: 46; dbt: 0.0324s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb