Farewell Europe


Advertisement
France's flag
Europe » France » Île-de-France » Paris
October 15th 2007
Published: April 7th 2008
Edit Blog Post

Sunday 14 October.


Farewell Europe!


We packed up and filled in the morning visiting the Trocodero. Good view of the tower and walking around the Champs de Mars again.
The Paris 20k Marathon was on so we had to detour a lot. Amazing how many people there were. We had a banana and nutella crepe at the Trocodero and watched the sellers.
We ended up buying a flying bird for Britt. I talked him down to €7 from €25.
Our transfer arrived at 2:30pm. We were the last in and I had the front seat. VERY scary going around the Arc de Triomphe.Great experience though. The airport was bland and not very friendly. Our plane was 15 minutes late and a very quick flight. We had a very nice and light chicken tikka tortilla.
We arrived in London and had to wait around for our gate. I managed to squeeze in a last Pimm’s. we finally boarded our 9:25pm flight.
Only for the engines to start then stop.
We had to sit in the plane for over 2 hours waiting for the engineers to come and check out something. Then it turned out to be a faulty computer and we had to wait for This to be replaced. Not very reassuring.
We finally had to try and stay away. They had beautiful smelling cottage pie for dinner. I was the last one served and got a child’s meal, as only prawns were left. Great.
We landed in Singapore after 7pm. It was HOT.
We walked through the red channel at customs and walked straight through the door!
Our rep was there to meet us.
Singapore is lovely at night and the Stamford is gorgeous.






















Advertisement



Tot: 0.046s; Tpl: 0.008s; cc: 8; qc: 23; dbt: 0.0234s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb