Paris!!!


Advertisement
France's flag
Europe » France » Île-de-France » Paris
March 30th 2008
Published: March 30th 2008
Edit Blog Post

Total Distance: 0 miles / 0 kmMouse: 0,0


I'm writing this from a hostel in Naples, Italy, so it won't be real long, but I wanted to get some pictures up and tell you all about my trip so far.

Our first stop on Spring break after taking the chunnel under the English Channel from England to France was the capital city Paris. We stayed here for four nights at a very reasonably priced hostel just outside of downtown Paris. We spent most of our time here sightseeting; The Eiffel Tower (of course), Notre Dame (we went to the Easter service here), the Louvre (home to the Mona Lisa and the Venus de Milo), the Arc de Triomphe (famous monument from the revolution), Place de la Concorde (famous monument), Champs-Elyses (shopping strip), Sacre Coeur (a beautiful cathedral), several of the huge gardens (which will be beautiful in a month or two), and Versailles (a huge palace that Louis XIV bankrupt France to build).

We didn't have a lot of trouble with the language barrier. Kyle and I both speak a little bit of French - him more than me - and almost everybody we had to deal with spoke at least a little bit of English. I wasn't terribly impressed by the food here. It was very expensive and the meals were quite small compared to what I'm used to getting in the states. I did fall in love with a sandwich served at almost all of the cafes called a croque-monsieur.


Additional photos below
Photos: 58, Displayed: 22


Advertisement

Place de la ConcordePlace de la Concorde
Place de la Concorde

The Arc de Triomphe way down a the other end of Champs-Elysees
Place de la ConcordePlace de la Concorde
Place de la Concorde

The Obelisk, a gift from the Egyptians in the 1830s. The monument has brothers in London and in New York.
Champs-ElyseesChamps-Elysees
Champs-Elysees

A sweet car display
Arc de TriompheArc de Triomphe
Arc de Triomphe

Tomb of the unknown soldier. The flame shown never goes out.
Arc de TriompheArc de Triomphe
Arc de Triomphe

The Eiffel Tower from the top of the Arc
Arc de TriompheArc de Triomphe
Arc de Triomphe

Downtown Paris
Notre DameNotre Dame
Notre Dame

Easter morning


4th April 2008

Paris
I have deceided that if you don't want to have some kind of a career in Music - then you would do really well in the Tourist Business. Can't wait to see Italy from your eyes. Love, Grandpa West
9th April 2008

Your pictures are beautiful im so jealous... i wish i could be there too!! I miss you and can wait to see you again.

Tot: 0.067s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 8; qc: 26; dbt: 0.0468s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb