March 2008.. finally


Advertisement
France's flag
Europe » France » Île-de-France » Paris
March 30th 2008
Published: March 30th 2008
Edit Blog Post

Ok, im sorry its taken me soooo long to write another entry, but first nothing was really happening, and then when things did start happenign i kept putting it off, only for it to turn out to have too many things to write, thus me gettin to scared to start and inevitabley not starting...

So.. March.. where to start...

Well alot of march involved me working or being sick, i ended up having a doctor housecall me and then after that one was useless going to another one who really knew her stuff. So two lots of anitbiotics and lots of pain killers i got better... only to catch rosas cold... lol, how typical aye?!

Work has been very hectic the past month, with most of my shifts entailing stariting at 6pm and finishing at 4am... not very fun or compatible to having a life... let alone a social one! So me, being me, would go crazy anytime i had off... which wasnt much, and probably compounded my sicknesses... hmmm not so smart in retrospect. Being sick though did allow me to laze about in bed, watch dvds and read so i enjoyed that pay off for feeling gross.

Work has been picking up lately too, we've had a fluctuating crowd with our french customers, as when we first opened we didnt have a proper chef (got so sick he was hospitalised the day before opening) and then service wasnt that great as we werent very organised to handle the huge and sudden french onslaught. That therefore has left our usually french filled lunches a little less busy but slightly worring as we are getting a lil too quiet..

None the less i have still been trying to live up my french night, and as it turned out on st. pats day i was only working until 11pm so as soon as i finished, quick change of clothes (already had my st.pats guinness shirt from work) i jumped ont he metro and went and joined, mick, rosa, jeannette, bonn, and poppy out. We went to the irish pub opposite cafe oz in grands boulevards and as it turned out lots of my friends from cafe oz where there revelling too, so it was fun and dancing all round. I loved it as all the girls from my work were really in the spirit and we were able to dance the ngiht away! Rosa has some picts so once she's uploaded tehm ill add them to this one!

The other exciting part of my month of march, which ive just got home from, was my weekend away to Macon to visit diane and lots of my friends from Dijon.
I've only just got back this afternoon but already it feels like miles away. The weather was sunny and amazing in charny, not like in paris where its alllwwwwaaayyyyssss raining atm. So i went down on friday evening to be picked up by diane and pierre at the train station, to arrive back at her place where 10 other ppl where already waiting, it was amazing to see everyone again, dinner was being cooked and drinks where ready at hand so nothing was missing. Throughout the night a few more ppl arrived and we ended up being around 17 ppl. Saturday everyone woke slowly and after abit of tidy and more ppl arriving we set up tables outside where we prepaired charcultrie.. french word for nibbles before a meal. French ppl are very healthy, as ive found out and it always consisted of chopped up carrot, cauliflower and cucumber as well as salami and dips. Saturday was also Pierres birthday and this was celebrated... very french style... involving taping him to his seat and making him dirnk complusary birthday 'verres'... these inclulded pastis... beer, mixes of whiskey wine and ketchup as well as what knows else. For some unknown reason he seemed to really enjoy all of this an im pretty sure spent most of his birthday tipsy! Me on the other hand, i was revelling in the fact that i didnt have to work the next day, i didnt have to do anything on saturday... and in fact if i wanted to just chill out that was fine did just that. The weather was perfect, some ppl where playing french trivial pursuit, others were playing with the dogs, some couples were taking turns around the garden and me, after observing and enjoying the sun proceded to spend part of the afternoon upon a garden chair reading my book and absorbing the amazing view of french country side which was on display infront of me. It was absolutely stunning and i can just imagine why diane loves spending summers lazing about here.

But then, as usual life must return to normal. And so i am now back at home in Paris, with a glass of wine (how french) finally gettin back to work. I must admit though, a weekend awaay has definately reinvigorated me for the weeks coming, and me and rosa are off on the 14th for 3 nights in Bruge! So somehting defiantely to look forward too!

I hope everyone is well, and sorry agian for the lenght of this, but... well... it needed to be written.

xoxoxo camilla





Advertisement



Tot: 0.082s; Tpl: 0.037s; cc: 7; qc: 23; dbt: 0.0261s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb