Righto just for u dad


Advertisement
France's flag
Europe » France » Île-de-France » Paris
January 30th 2008
Published: January 30th 2008
Edit Blog Post

@ Belushi's@ Belushi's@ Belushi's

some of the staff before our walking tour

General Goings on


Ok so i've been in Paris working now for a couple of week and as per dads request i am writing up a lil blog. So far everything has been going well. Unfortunately though we still arent open. This is starting to really annoy everyone as we're now just sitting around waiting for the securtiy commision to come and visit us and give us the go ahead. We've done a couple of run throughs in the restaurant now the first one went completely to pot but the second one which we just did this morning went off really well, me and helene even got a 10 euro tip!

Hmm Australia Day happened, that was good fun, I went to a new Cafe Oz in Paris on the Grands Boulevard, it was so much fun, i painted my nails yellow and green, had tats on my face, wore my wallabies jumper and had an aussie flag that i lent to this aussie girl i meet. It was such a crazy fun night, the first time since ive been away taht ive seen tooheys new! The bartenders were all either aussies or kiwis so everyone was up
Australia DayAustralia DayAustralia Day

haha, well what can i say, me and kt having abit of a laugh
for a good laugh, we even played games for free drinks! Hurray! I meet two aussie girls and an american chick as well as two nice aussie guys and we all hung out for the night, one of them was even from perth! so exciting!!! Hmm, joshy you'll be proud of me though i like to think as we started at 7pm and didnt leave the irish club (we had to all move when the aussie one shut) until 6:30am!! Not somehting i think you wanted to know mum and dad but there you go.

I had a little sad moment the other week, feeling all disoriented and stuff but after a nice long chat to dad and mum ive overcome it and all. I'm very excited about my welcome home bollywood themed party that mums got in planning so you're all invited! SHould be a laugh hopefully 😊

The work situation otherwise is still going good, lots of nice ppl to work with and gradually gaining more kitchen priveledges so able to cook in the kitchen now, hurray!! I've started buying tuperwear and even a fruit bowl for my proposed cooking endevours.

Recently i've discovered an area of the Latin Quarter called Saint Micheal, it's an amazing place and is surrounded by bookshops that are aniecient, some dedicated soley to science stuff, some to classics etc its really nice just to wander round, buy a book and pick a cafe to sit in get a coffee adn read for awhile.

Ah another thing that i dont think i've mentioned is the Staff Pub crawl and walking tour that we went on. As we are going to be promoting them we all had to 'experience' them so wednesday we all went off and wandered around Paris going around 5 different pubs, it was abit of a laugh but the drinks were still queit expensive so no one got too merry. The next day we also had the walking tour of paris, this is ment to take a max of 3.5 hours but instead after 4 ours was still going, adn with some of us hurting a lil form the night before we all decided to bail and me, helene and arno made our way to the movies to watch Sweeny Tod. Gotta say i was abit disapointed by the movie though, wasnt that aware that it was a musical, i knew there was some singing, but yesh, that was alot of singing...

but anyways, that was a very muddled up blog so i hope it made sense to some of you...!

gros bisous, and lots of love
Mills

Advertisement



Tot: 0.291s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 5; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0964s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb