Wednesday - Halloween


Advertisement
France's flag
Europe » France » Île-de-France » Paris
October 31st 2007
Published: October 31st 2007
Edit Blog Post

DinnerDinnerDinner

6 New York - yes, that's the name AND the address
Paris, Oct. 31

Time to stuff our faces again - this time with an old Thorp family friend, Jean Pierre and his petite copine Dominique. Hard to see behind us is the Eiffel Tower all lit up like a lighted tower. Too big to be a Christmas tree. On the hour, it turns on some flashy lights, and it sparkles all over Paris. Dinner was lovely - oh, that was England. Dinner was delicieux and the company charmant.
Today we boarded a Grand Ligne train for Chartres - the quintessential early Gothic cathedral about an hour’s ride from Paris. The skies were blue, the sun shone, but the air was still icy cold. Inside the cathedral was even colder!
However, the stained glass and portal carvings were magnifiques.
Lucky for Erik, all the shops were closed until 2pm and our train left at 2:30. Or, 14:30 for anyone who knows anything.
Back in Paris, we headed for the Rodin museum only to find that it would close in 35 minutes. Being the art officiandos that we are (not to say ‘cheap’) we passed. Took the long walk back to our apartment, stopping at yet again another church - St. Germain des Pres. Erik sang the old Kingston Trio song that I’m too young to remember about the Seine and St. G des Pres while I walked a good seven paces behind of him. Rolling my eyes at anyone who noticed.
Our apartment is cosy - too cosy to take many pictures. In fact, the one that’s here - well, that’s about all there is. The view outside is nice, however. It’s been delightfully quiet after 3 a.m. Yes, that’s really 3:00. We sleep like logs - or dogs, depending on how much wine we’ve had with dinner.



Additional photos below
Photos: 5, Displayed: 5


Advertisement

Team AmericaTeam America
Team America

We strike again - look carefully at the previous photo. See the towers?


31st October 2007

You two look like you are having a ton of fun. You are making me homesick! Love reading your blog. Love, Mado
31st October 2007

I agree. WAAAAY too much fun. I think it's amazing that you're typing of a french keyboard and the words are coming out in english here. How does it know?
1st November 2007

Impressive
I think the next step is you two needing to come up with code names like Margie and I, haha. It's great to hear how much fun your having, the pictures are great! Your writing cracks me up, one time my boss asked me what I was laughing at.
1st November 2007

Yea, we're American.
The keyboard doesn't need to know we're American anymore because the guy who runs the cyber-cafe has figured it out and he puts us on an English computer. Brilliant!
1st November 2007

Code names
Apparently, it won't matter if we have code names. Read the latest entry and you'll see that everyone in Paris knows in a moment of seeing us that we're American. Go figure. Maybe it's because we ARE having fun! Or, it could be the knee socks and plaid shorts that Erik wears everywhere. Hmmm. I'll call him Socks and he'll call me Shoes - because mine are comfortable and not all high-heeled and pointy-toed like everyone else here.

Tot: 0.064s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 5; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0389s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb