'Lost count' part 2


Advertisement
France's flag
Europe » France » Île-de-France » Paris
July 23rd 2007
Published: July 23rd 2007
Edit Blog Post

Total Distance: 0 miles / 0 kmMouse: 0,0



Untitled
Ben Rowlinson
So here i was. Arrived at a small coastal town in France. Can barely speak two words and here i was rockin up at 7pm. Unfortunately, my major hope of finding accomodation for the night (Le Office de Tourisme) had shut. There was nothing in my not-so-trusty travel guide. So i wondered around aimlessly for a couple hours hoping i'd stumble across a hostel. By 10pm all i had found were 3 and 4 star hotels (way out of my price range). So i chucked on my warm jumper, managed to communicate my way to a bucket of chips in a kebab store and headed to the beach. Got to the beach and there was not a grain of sand in sight! It was completely made up of large peddles. Nonetheless, it was off with the backpack, out with the book and time to settle in for the night. By about 1am the rowdy skater punks hanging around my makeshift accomodation hadn't cleared out, so it was time to migrate. "We are nomadic by nature, afterall" i thought to myself. I managed to find a lovely little garden, settled down between two bushes, and slept there for the night. Pretty restless sleep as you can imagine, but better than paying the 50-60 euros for a couple hours in a hotel room. That was yesterday, and so this morning after waking up (a lovely 4am downpour sought fit to grant me this) i headed to a town called Caen. From here i found myself i nice little buss pass and spent the day exploring the beaches of Normandie. For those of those not aware, the beaches of Normandie are the famous D-Day beaches, where on June 6th 1944, the Allies launched there assault on Omaha and the rest of the coast. The general opinion is that this was the turning point in the second world war. There was some very interesting sights. For example - the allies actually floated in and entire makeshift harbour from England, in order to launch their tanks onto the beach.
After arriving back to Caen i jumped on the next train to Paris (Pa-ree), spent the usual couple hours trying to find cheap accomodation, made do with a makeshift dinner of breadsticks and Voila! - here i am. No photos yet as there aren't USB's on this computer. But if any of you are still reading then you've got to had your decent dose of Benj by now.
Au revoir!


Additional photos below
Photos: 6, Displayed: 6


Advertisement



24th July 2007

Sounds pretty awesome. Where do you think you'll go from here? Are you going to settle down with a job any time soon? Also are you going to get in on any parkour action? Well sounds like youre having a good time.
25th July 2007

obelisk
hey man, sound like your havin an awesome time. have you been to many pubs or parties yet? uhh i think the obelisk is from the scarecrow book, i dont know that Da Vinci had much to do with hieroglyphs.... could be wrong though. whats been the highlight so far? stone henge would have been pretty cool and congrats for coning your way onto the bus at a cheaper price!!

Tot: 0.096s; Tpl: 0.019s; cc: 10; qc: 55; dbt: 0.0547s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb