Weekend in Paris


Advertisement
France's flag
Europe » France » Île-de-France » Paris
August 31st 2004
Published: August 31st 2004
Edit Blog Post

Decided to go to Paris with Vix for a weekend of shopping, eating and sightseeing. We arrived in Paris in the early evening and from the airport we cook a coach to central Paris where we then took a taxi to our hotel. It was only around 9pm, so we decided to go out and get something to eat and also walk about Paris for a bit. It was pretty wet when we first arrived in Paris, but when we were walking, it turned out to be pretty nice. The shops were all closed, but that was a good thing!!! After walking about a bit we went to eat at a Bistro down a nice looking cobbled street! The food was great and Vix and I talked for a long time about everything! It's amazing how much talking you can do with someone you are always seeing and not run out of things to say!!! Not that i'm complaining!!!

The next day we decided to do some shopping down Champs Elysees, but we statred off having breakfast at a nearby cafe and buying some treats at a cute little sweet shop which had the old fashioned tills which look like typewriters. We took a cab to Champs Elysees and walked in out of shops with our purchases! We walked all the way up to where the designer stores were and on the way, a Japenese couple, or friends stopped us to ask if we could do them a favour! We listened to them explaining how they had been shopping in Luis Vuitton and they were told they couldn't buy anymore so they were asking if we could go in the shop for them and buy it for them! There was a little debating and of course the possibility that the money they give us could be fake, but in the end we decided to do it for them! We of course checked the money whilst we were walking and it was very tempting to run off with it! As most people know Luis Vuitton bags don't come cheap unless they are fakes!!! Anyway, we bought them the bags and they thanked us, and Vix & me found a restaurant to eat at to laugh and talk about hwat happened!

After dinner we went to see the Eiffel Tower which looked as big and beautiful as the last time I saw it! It was starting to get cold so we arrived at the top, it was very windy and chilly!!! It also started to get dark. After the Eiffel, we went over to the Red Light District and walked about a bit with the occassional invitations to go inside the clubs and shops!!! We saw the Moulin Rouge theatre and decided to go and eat at a restaurant across the road from it! We were pretty tired so we decided to go back to the hotel to pack and sleep to catch our early flight back to London.


Additional photos below
Photos: 12, Displayed: 12


Advertisement



Tot: 0.046s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 8; qc: 24; dbt: 0.0264s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb