Musée du Louvre


Advertisement
France's flag
Europe » France » Île-de-France » Paris
July 22nd 2005
Published: July 23rd 2005
Edit Blog Post

Louvre by NightLouvre by NightLouvre by Night

The famous pyramide illuminated
It takes exactly one hour and thirty minutes to walk from Champs Elysée to Gare du Lyon, if you didn't know... That's one of the options you have if you miss the last transport home at night. Other options would include a combination of busses and taxi, taxi all the way, hitching a ride, or just waiting till the morning... none of which felt like a good option at the time.
I wanted to see Paris by Night, there were lots of people everywhere, but in a blink almost all of them went away with the last train/bus. Oh well, the walk back along the Seine wasn't that bad.

Today, I've been walking around in the Louvre - for three hours, and I still missed a lot of stuff. At the end I wasn't looking that close and just dashed for the exit 😉 Back at the hostel I got some nice compliment for my english while talking to a norwegian woman. She thought I was from UK/US and it took us quite some time to figure out we could use scandinavian to communicate instead of english 😊 Got some tips for good places to stay in Nice...


Additional photos below
Photos: 4, Displayed: 4


Advertisement

The LouvreThe Louvre
The Louvre

It's large...
Painting in LouvrePainting in Louvre
Painting in Louvre

Just a random painting (I don't remember which)
Sphinx in the LouvreSphinx in the Louvre
Sphinx in the Louvre

From the egyptian section.


Tot: 0.084s; Tpl: 0.015s; cc: 5; qc: 46; dbt: 0.0551s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb