paris day 4


Advertisement
France's flag
Europe » France » Île-de-France » Paris
June 22nd 2005
Published: June 23rd 2005
Edit Blog Post

First was the boulangerie I keep smelling around here. Awesome. We got up early to go to the Louvre, so we went there and the line was insane b/c it hadn't opened yet for some reason. We gave up on that and went to the Centre Pompidou for some modern art. After all, we did have a museum pass. I fail to understand how most of that stuff is art. It's how I might want my living room to look, but Target has the same designs! Maybe I just can't appreciate a huge canvas painted solid blue. The building was pretty cool, though, as was the square. We had lunch in the Toulleries, and that was very picturesque. We then headed back out to the Louvre. The line was much better, but the Japanese tourists were not. In Japan, is it custom to push your way through a crowd with you and your entire tour group and start taking pictures in everyone's way? One may think. I think the Americans were about to start a riot. Getting a picture of the Mona Lisa was like getting to the stage at a sold-out concert... you almost get right up there to the front and then you hit a wall of toolbags. Anyways, we saw the Mona Lisa, the Winged Victory, and the other well-known stuff and got out of there. Somehow it got really late and we couldn't find a good place to eat, so we had to try the French McDonalds... I tell you, America rules this world. The place was packed, and they were ordering so many Filet-o-fish. if they only knew that there are many better things on the menu... namely EVERYTHING. Then to the market for cheap drinks. Then back to the room for sleep. Sleep is awesome in any country.

Advertisement



27th June 2005

Tu devrais etre fatigue apres tous ces activites!!!!!! Formidable!

Tot: 0.105s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 5; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0495s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb