Paris - Contiki 2005


Advertisement
France's flag
Europe » France » Île-de-France » Paris
September 23rd 2005
Published: January 14th 2007
Edit Blog Post

Total Distance: 0 miles / 0 kmMouse: 0,0


France ... info to come!

Having left Billericay early morning to make it to Russell Square at 6:30am, we checked through the Contiki rigmorale, before boarding our blue bus for 30 days. Seated towards the rear I was joined by Craig T, a fellow Melburnian and we got along really well. Getting to know all the other kids around us as we continued on, before boarding the ferry at Dover and seeing the White Cliffs and crossing the English Channel to Calais.

Continuing on into France was great. We chatted away but Kezza and Molly would make sure they kept their distance from us as they thought they were far too cool for us, being Californian girls and everything. Rather childish on their behalf.

But as we got into our campsite for our time in Paris we got settled in and then consumed some lovely escargot! Trying snails for the first time in France, this was the beauty of travelling! We also purchased some steins to drink some beer from and after myself, Mike, Dave, MJ, Craig and Jake entered the dining hall ... the room stopped! There were the Californian girls with Naomi and Christie all looking like they were far too cool for us, so we decided to crash their little soiree!

In all fairness this something we have always joked with them about, so don't take it seriously. Our night then involved an illuminations tour of Paris. Driving around this most amazing city all lit up, and after visiting the site of Napoleon's tomb, we drove around and I will forever be indebted to Kylie (our tour manager) for making us look to the right to try and make out some small handwriting from Napoleon, only to proclaim she had made a misstake and meant the left. As one, we all looked to the right, to see the Eiffel Tower lit up brilliantly! It was one of my favourite experiences ever! It looked amazing!



Additional photos below
Photos: 28, Displayed: 23


Advertisement

Champs ElyseesChamps Elysees
Champs Elysees

From on top of the Arc de Triomphe
Contiki TentContiki Tent
Contiki Tent

Me (with the smallest beer!), Christie, Kerrie, Molly, Dave and Mike
Eiffel TowerEiffel Tower
Eiffel Tower

Looking towards the Trocadero
Eiffel TowerEiffel Tower
Eiffel Tower

View from top
Pont Alexandre IIIPont Alexandre III
Pont Alexandre III

Lover's Bridge
Pont Alexandre IIIPont Alexandre III
Pont Alexandre III

Lover's Bridge
Pont Alexandre IIIPont Alexandre III
Pont Alexandre III

Lover's Bridge


Tot: 0.239s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 17; qc: 89; dbt: 0.0975s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.3mb