Beaujolais - Contiki


Advertisement
France's flag
Europe » France » Auvergne
September 25th 2005
Published: January 14th 2007
Edit Blog Post

Coming backComing backComing back

Sharlee, Susan, Craig, Kez, Molly, Me, Naomi, Christie and Kat. While at the front rests Sean and Suzie
So after leaving the amazing city of Paris. We drove along to Fountainbleau, and to see one of the many palaces made famous during Napolean's reign. It was set amongst some amazing gardens and was a great way to start the day.

We then made our way through the central part of France, before reaching our destination, an old chateau for 2 more nights accommodation. It is set in the Beaujolais wine region, just outisde of Lyon, and we arrived to some great views of the vineyards that surround the area.

We started with some wine tasting of the local produce, before dinner, which I helped prepared this time .... and it was actually made pretty fun! Our first night saw a beach theme party, so out came the boardies and zinc cream set on the backdrop of the sun setting over the vineyards while we mingled and drank out the front of the chateau before we retired to the underground nightclub, called The Cave.

It was a pearler of a night! Possibly one of my favourites for the whole tour, as we tore strips off the other tour group there with us for partying prowess and better people prowess! A few of us tried the 'eau d'vie' shot, which is 65% alcohol, which Cat then returned back in her cup along with some carrots and the like! We continued on throughout the night, with many great and fun times had, including our super dooper dance moves lead by the scintillating mormon, Susan, and poses also became a hit of the night! Other events I cannot mention here, but I will forever laugh about.

The next day we took a walk around the area, with a picnic up to a lookout point lead by a little Jack Russell (not Jake Russell!). Along the way we chatted with local winemakers who were harvesting their crops. The view was sensational at the top of the hill, as we drank and ate throughout lunch. We then made our way back down, past more vineyards and to a small set of shops in the small town. We had a few drinks and a few laughs.

Back to the chateau for some sun baking and reading in the serene setting before dinner and a few more drinks in The Cave to finish off our time there! Only a few of us came out that night and we had another good night, finished off with a headstand contest in the club!


Additional photos below
Photos: 20, Displayed: 20


Advertisement

Mol and MeMol and Me
Mol and Me

Gotta pose!
at The Caveat The Cave
at The Cave

Craig, Molly, Kezza and myself .. friendship forged early
Me and KezMe and Kez
Me and Kez

I think she is enamoured
Picnic on the topPicnic on the top
Picnic on the top

Relaxing picnic
ViewView
View

while eating out picnic lunch
ShinzShinz
Shinz

with Nat, Shell and Craig on either side
at The Caveat The Cave
at The Cave

Christie, Mol, Kez and Nomes
Our wake up viewOur wake up view
Our wake up view

French vineyards
VineyardsVineyards
Vineyards

This guy frightened the heck out of us
Soccer Soccer
Soccer

at the French Chateau we stayed in
posingposing
posing

with smudged zinc, courtesy of Shinz
PicnicPicnic
Picnic

On top of the world


Tot: 0.043s; Tpl: 0.015s; cc: 10; qc: 19; dbt: 0.021s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb