Jardin Day


Advertisement
France's flag
Europe » France » Île-de-France » Paris
June 2nd 2005
Published: June 4th 2005
Edit Blog Post

Jardin de la Palais RoyalJardin de la Palais RoyalJardin de la Palais Royal

Wish you were here, see you soon!
What to do in Paris when it's over.

I think that this is a great city to walk around in, there is always something new to explore. We bought some books at an english bookstore, Librarie Galgani, and spent the day in the Jardin des Tuileries by the Louvre. After a picnic lunch we transferred to the Jardin de le Palais Royale a few blocks away (it is truly an exhausting existence that we lead!). In this park is where we saw fellow American, Conan O'Brien. Can anyone tell me if Late Night is on repeats this week?

After dinner, we took the Metro to Pigalle, the red light district of Paris. We walked along the "strip" until we reached the famous Moulin Rouge. It was still light out and parents had their kids in the park, which is an odd juxtaposition against all the lighted sexshops that were breathing to life along the avenue. No lingering or sampling though. We walked uphill a few blocks to the Sacre Coeur for dessert and (sigh!) another beautiful "Paris at Night" view.

I just wanted to comment on French driving habits. It's nowhere near as bad as India, or Italy
The Sex-O-DromeThe Sex-O-DromeThe Sex-O-Drome

Don't we have one of these in Boston? Walking around Pigalle near the Moulin Rouge (which is lined with sex shops and "live girls").
(or even Boston at times for that matter) but there have been some heart-stopping moments. Apparently, green means go as fast as you possibly can and red means stop 5 inches from the pedestrian crosswalk.

Anyway, I'm out of space on my digital camera so this will probably be the last of the photos We're returning home in a few days so I might update the last entries then.

We would just like to wish everyone well and that we'll see you soon!

Advertisement



Tot: 0.075s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 5; qc: 51; dbt: 0.0517s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb