On the road to Russia - Paris and Amsterdam


Advertisement
France's flag
Europe » France » Île-de-France » Paris » Sarcelles
September 15th 2011
Published: September 15th 2011
Edit Blog Post

So we made it to Paris it was a bit of an effort, even with good packing we still have 2 big bags, 3 small bags and a pram (which makes a good trolley when Charlie is in the baby carrier!). so with really only one day for David (Paul´s brother) to do the sites of Paris. Our first stop was the wonderful Effiel tower, the long was amazingly short! Less than 10 minutes and we had our tickets and less than 5 minutes and we are in the lift on our way up! This may have been due to a breast cancer awareness fun run that was starting near the tower and drove most of the tourists away.

After the tower we headed to the Lourve, the line up was incredibly long (probably because the weather wasn't very good). So my very tricky husband took us through the shopping centre entrance and we didn't even have to wait! So if you're off to the Lourve any time soon go through the shopping centre entrance from Rue de Rivoli its much easier!

After the Lourve we headed back to the hotel as Charlie was a little tired, the boys then headed out to see Notre Dame and the Arc de Triomphe. David was loving the traffic, and i'm sure was hoping someone would crash but to no avail.

We headed to Amsterdam on Monday, Paul's former city of residence! It was great to have our own tour guide, Paul took a little while to remember where things were but had us on track in no time and we managed to find our hotel without any hassles. Our hotel was a very typical Amsterdam building, 36 very steep steps up to reception, then another 20 up to our room, it was crazy steep, I'm having some problems uploading our photos but David took one of the stairs and its just neck breakingly steep! If you lived there you would have a great looking bum!

First stop was the canal bus, which we caught to go and see the Van Gogh museum and the Heinekin experience both were great and Charlie even enjoyed a very loud and bright video ride! We went all out tourist and bought Charlie his own bottle of beer with his name on it!

Uncle David baby sat for us while Paul and I enjoyed a lovely dinner with some of Paul's former work colleagues, it was a great night and was fun to meet everyone. Anyway we are now in Berlin and I will update you with our time here tomorrow, being a tourist is tiring work!

Advertisement



Tot: 0.079s; Tpl: 0.019s; cc: 12; qc: 52; dbt: 0.0425s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb