Paris Day 3


Advertisement
France's flag
Europe » France » Île-de-France » Acheres
September 24th 2010
Published: October 3rd 2010
Edit Blog Post

Memorial BastilleMemorial BastilleMemorial Bastille

Memorial Bastille
The cold/flu infection from our bus tour mates has caught up on us - drained, running noses and persistent cough. We decided to use our local metro passes instead of travelling to Versailles with queues and possible thunderstorms.
First, we went to the Bastille but found a disappointing column not a prison of the French Revolution- maybe a little more research required here.
Next, the beautiful Sacre Coeur church and the Art Markets of Montmartre - true Paris. We rested at a sidewalk cafe and watched the 5 minute portrait and silhouette artists apply their trade. Emily was not impressed with the coffee but the German beer was great.
Next, the Moulin Rouge - a bit shabby in the daytime and in an area a bit like King's Cross. We met a school group from St Peters getting an education.
For lunch, we bought some pastries from the highly reccommended Angelina's just behind our hotel - exquisite !!!
In the afternoon, we relaxed in the Luxembourg Palace gardens - chased under cover by a quick storm.
After tea, we strolled up to the Ritz - John had a frank discussion with the doorman about photography who must had a papparazi -
Luxembourg Palace & GardensLuxembourg Palace & GardensLuxembourg Palace & Gardens

Luxembourg Palace & Gardens
Princess Diana thing going on!


Advertisement



Tot: 0.073s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 9; qc: 49; dbt: 0.0403s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb