Paris Day 2


Advertisement
France's flag
Europe » France » Île-de-France » Acheres
September 23rd 2010
Published: October 2nd 2010
Edit Blog Post

The Grand "Tour Eiffel"The Grand "Tour Eiffel"The Grand "Tour Eiffel"

The Grand "Tour Eiffel"
A city bus tour followed by a cruise on the Seine River - Paris is the "best" city just beating Edinburgh. All hustle bustle with people everywhere, running up and down the busy streets. Cars, bikes, buses all drive like maniacs. Perhaps Paris in the "Spring-time"??
Lunch on the first level of the Eiffel Tower and then for a flute of French champagne at the very top - fantastic in every way except for the queues. Also, the lightning and thunder just as we enter the final lift was a bit off putting. The closure because of a terrorist scare the week before was in the back of our minds. The Africans hawking their array of Eiffel Tower souvenirs was a constant source of amusement. I kissed Emily under the Eiffel Tower - that romantic streak!!!!!!
We walked to the Arc de Triomphe to observe the carfusion and then walked down the Avenue des Champs Elysees.
At night, we did the Illumination Tour - the lightshow on the Eiffel tower was the pinnacle. Those Africans were still there flogging their souvenirs.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.055s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 11; qc: 28; dbt: 0.031s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb