Island of Corsica


Advertisement
France's flag
Europe » France » Corsica » Calvi
September 23rd 2013
Published: September 5th 2017
Edit Blog Post

Getting on the tenderGetting on the tenderGetting on the tender

That's me standing at the end of the line. You don't see a line? That's because Mom took so long to,take this picture, when I turned around, we were the only ones not on board.
Geo: 42.5668, 8.75711

Today there was no tour group we were on our own just doing our own thing. Today was a day to relax the town of Calvin, France is a small town on the coast, situated on the island of Corsica. There's only two things to do here: go to the town or go to the beach. The beach was a bit of a walk so Mom chose the town. The pier here is way too small for our ship to dock so they anchored in the bay and we tendered in. We arrived leisurely into town around 10am and walked down through the Main Street of town, actually the only street of the town. Mom found a few things in the town at the shops that she liked but the whole shopping expedition lasted only an hour or so.

We went down to the cafes along the waterfront to get some refreshments and ran into Joan and Bret. We searched for a cafe offering free wifi, found one and stopped there for a snack. Us guys had beer and the gals tea. Mom worked on answering some emails and Joan tried to get to her email without success. It was
CalviCalviCalvi

Shopping in town.
about 1 when we decided to take the tender back to the ship.

I spent the afternoon finishing the missing days in the blog, adding pictures and downloading on the slow ship wifi. Mom read magazines, did some errands and then we went up to the buffet for dinner followed by a show, a comedian who was ok but not the best. We then went back to the room because tomorrow is Monte Carlo in Monaco.


Additional photos below
Photos: 4, Displayed: 4


Advertisement

Typical architectureTypical architecture
Typical architecture

Just a picture
Ship tenders Ship tenders
Ship tenders

Leaving the ship for port with passengers aboard.


26th September 2013

I think I can just barely make you out through all the glare.

Tot: 0.072s; Tpl: 0.014s; cc: 14; qc: 29; dbt: 0.0441s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb