A taste of Champagne


Advertisement
France's flag
Europe » France » Champagne-Ardenne » Epernay
May 15th 2011
Published: May 18th 2011
Edit Blog Post

From the Jean-Paul apartment in Paris to the Jean-Paul Moet hotel in Epernay and from one extreme to the other with regards to luxury and spaciousness and modern decor. It felt like pure luxury having a huge bubble bath and getting the city grime off. My feet never got completely clean all week in Paris. Our many kms were all done in jandals, and the dust and dirt was pretty ground in.

We did the Moet & Chandon tour which was awesome. The tour was only a smallish group, all in English and extremely informative. The caves and wines being stored there although old and authentic almost seemed staged, it was all so perfect. Their house alone had 28km of caves underground, and Epernay was full of other champagne houses with their caves. It’s a wonder the streets don’t all cave in.

On booking we opted to taste two wines (full glasses) at the end, so felt a bit greedy to be the only ones doing so, and were relieved we hadn’t gone for the three wine option! I suppose 10.30 in the morning was a bit early for that sort of carry on.

The train ride out to Epernay (1hour 15 from Paris) was relaxing and scenic, especially once in the champagne region with the vineyards. They are much smaller than those at home, but looked pretty with all the small squares of each planting angled in different directions, and different colours like patchwork.


Advertisement



Tot: 0.041s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 9; qc: 23; dbt: 0.0247s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb