We Have Some Bikes!!!!


Advertisement
France's flag
Europe » France » Champagne-Ardenne » Epernay
August 31st 2008
Published: August 31st 2008
Edit Blog Post

30th August 08
We arrived in Epernay at a quiet little camp ground. It’s nice to not be around 100’s of people like in Disneyland. The camp ground has beach volleyball, soccer pitch, basketball hoops, ping pong and a river which Mason, Blake and I go fishing in. Mum and Dad have bikes now but me and mason still don’t have any. Yesterday me and mason hired bike so we could all bike into town to go to a local market and a bike shop. The market was massive but Dad still wanted to a circuit of it so we left him to do his thing. Finally we met back up at fruit shop and brought our fruit for the week but the best fruit of all was the grapes they were heavenly. Then we left dad again and headed back to the bikes. Dad finally came back with what he thought was lamb. So we headed for the bike shop and paid for mum and dad’s bikes. Then we headed for home.
It was a sweltering hot day when we went down to the river for a fish. Our bait was baguette with pesto and tomato. We didn’t catch a thing. Mum and Dad came and got us on their bikes and took us into town for a swim in the local swimming pool. For some reason Dad was leading us with a map and we managed to bike straight past the swimming pool. So with my help we finally got there (actually Mum knew where it was). After we figured out how to lock our stuff in the lockers we went upstairs to the swimming pool. We all had board shorts on and Mum had her old togs on. You had to shower and wash your feet before you went through to the pools. At this stage Dad was stopped by a lady frantically speaking in French. We had absolutely no idea what she was trying to tell us. When she realised we were English speaking she got another lady. The bottom line was that we weren’t allowed to wear board shorts we had to wear tight little togs - Speedos. I had mine on under my board shorts so I was ok. The lady said she could give Dad, Blake and Mason a pair to wear. Mum and I waited in the showers for them to turn up. Blake came running out in a pair of baggy gray worn out fitted boxer things. He thought he looked cool but later on we were to discover that his were so old they were see through. This doesn’t matter when you’re only 6. But Blake was in fits of laughter about what Dad was wearing. He was pulling his pants out saying that Dad looks like this. We waited with baited breath. Mason came out with a grey pair of tight undies on - Speedos. Pulled right up. Then out came Dad - Mum and I laughed so much that people were staring at us. Dad’s Speedos were too small and no draw string and left nothing to the imagination. He was really embarrassed and hurried into the pool. Mum laughed most of the swim and Mason and I kept teasing him. Initially I was worried about wearing my Speedos in public but when Dad came out I looked good. It was not a pretty sight.
We biked home after that with mum and I in front with the map. We got home quicker and on safer roads. Mum cooked a delicious dinner of lamb that turned into pork. Dad’s French isn’t that good. Fresh green beans and pasta. There were no left over’s.

31st August
We’re up early this morning doing some school work and then we’re heading down further to a place called Geraudot. We want to stay in an Aires camp which is supposed to be free. Mum said that it is only 50m from the lake. I hope it’s good.

We're having problems with too many photos on our computer at the moment. Mum and I will solve it soon and we'll but pictures on next time. We will be lost in the forest for a while so it probably won't be for 5 days.


Advertisement



Tot: 0.056s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 12; qc: 30; dbt: 0.0297s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb