A little illustration


Advertisement
France's flag
Europe » France » Centre » Tours
February 10th 2010
Published: February 10th 2010
Edit Blog Post

Sometimes it’s hard to describe exactly how far away my house is from the university, so today I have a small illustration:

When I left the university today, it was sunny—cold, yes (it’s been around freezing all day) but the sun made it alright. However, about halfway home from the university it started snowing. HARD. Before I knew it, gusts of snow were blowing in my face with huge flakes fluttering everywhere. Then, about a block before I reached my house, all the snow STOPPED.

The weather dramatically changed TWICE.

In other news, the past two days have been pretty good—I’ve been enjoying lounging around in my house with no one else here, spreading out all my stuff over the entirety of the kitchen table and chowing down on all the homemade bread that was left for me. Yesterday Denise, Mackenzie, and Allison came over before our IR class and made a cake. He enjoyed our little surprise, but didn’t get the message before he left that morning, so he hadn’t brought wine, but he promised he would for next class.

Besides the blizzard that I walked through on the way home, today has been a pretty good day—we had class this morning from 9-11 that was pretty boring, but then we all got lunch together and ate it in the BEF classroom—we watched some riverdance on youtube (and Denise gave us a little demonstration) and then Annie found the Up soundtrack online to play for us—then more class, presentations, (the one Allison and I were doing on the marché aux fleurs…I think it turned out ok) and tonight Denise and I are going to Allison’s for dinner because her family is gone but left food for us to eat together! (But I have to write a four page reflection on the excursion last Saturday first…guh)

One more class until Feb break!


Advertisement



11th February 2010

Snow flurries
Sounds like a busy, snowy day!

Tot: 0.207s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 10; qc: 50; dbt: 0.0408s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb