One step further North - to the Loire Valley at Suevres.


Advertisement
France's flag
Europe » France » Centre » Suevres
June 27th 2016
Published: July 1st 2016
Edit Blog Post

Driving day today. Perfectly scheduled as this was the wetter day of the week. Always nicer to have dry weather for our 'onsite' days. Pleasant drive through the countryside admiring the change from the sandy coloured buildings of the Dordogne to the limestone of the Loire.

We were heading for the campsite Chateau de la Grenouillere - at Suevres just to the East of Blois and following the Loire. We're stopped here a couple of times but not for a while. Lovely spot. It suffered a bad flood at the end of May (Chambord was also inundated at the same period) and lots of the grounds show this. Looks a little like a building site in places with the flood repairs and also the number of new chalets which are being built in the grounds - very close together and on churned up ground, If they are for this season wouldn't fancy one.

There are mossies on site - probably because the moat round the chateau is stagnant. However as a plus because of the mossies there are lots and lots of swallows. In fact as I was showering I heard a loud twittering noise and Mrs Swallow had just flown in to the nest just above the 'locked' shower next door.

Had a lovely swim though I had to run between heavy showers to get back to Tandy afterwards.

Went to the bar for a quick drink after dinner and found Euro 2016 was on, England vs Iceland. The game was so bad we wished we hadn't stayed to watch it.


Additional photos below
Photos: 11, Displayed: 11


Advertisement



Tot: 0.048s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 12; qc: 27; dbt: 0.0214s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb