How can you lose a Chateaux!!!!!!


Advertisement
France's flag
Europe » France » Centre » Chartres
May 2nd 2013
Published: May 5th 2013
Edit Blog Post

A lie in – well until 7.30am, the plan was to have a day off and a long lie in and were wide awake at silly o’clock. Needless to say Woolly slept and lazed the whole day away. Although a small site, Camping des Illettes is basic but has everything you need (well except Wifi), and at 24 Euro (approximately £20.10 GBP) for two nights it was good value for money, Motorhomes would only have to pay an extra 2.50 Euro a night for hook up so a good deal for all.



Woolly says – I was conserving my energy, after Jo had cooked a big breakfast for all of us I found a nice comfy chair to sit in the sun and watch them do all the clothes washing, empty Oliver out and resort his boot. I did find the gumption to go to the supermarket with Jo and Ian to replenish the wine and beer supplies, Jo really splashed out spending 1.80 Euro each (approximately £1.48 GBP) on several bottles of wine while Ian picked up a bargain on the beer, with fresh prawns, sweets and choc and a few snacks the whole bill was 20.10 Euros (approximately £16.40 GBP), we could hardly stagger down the road for the bursting carrier bags. A short stroll into the local town provided a couple of beers but no Wifi so blogging will have to wait.



Feeling refreshed and with Oliver rearing to go we arrived at where our first destination was supposed to be, La Grange Bleneau a castle near to Courpalay, it seemed to have disappeared so with the ‘oh well’ attitude we headed off to our next port of call.



Woolly says – The ruined Chateaux of Vivier had also vanished, we could circuit round and round it but not find any way in, giving in to being ‘one of those days’ we thundered down the roads to the President of Frances Summer Palace at Rambouillet. It was THERE!!!! Feeling pretty chuffed with ourselves we went for a look see. The long line of trees leading the way to the Palace looked most impressive the building wasn’t up to much, with three different types of architecture going on it was a real hotch potch, going inside we found that the last tour for the day had already started so we couldn’t look round (it would have cost 20 Euro each). A saunter round the gardens was pleasant in the sunshine, and it is really nice to see that spring has really arrived with all the blossom on the trees, we found a few VERY rude statues and a lot of geese but it didn’t live up to our expectations. Giving up for the day we decided to head for the camp site at Chartres, the Camping Les Bords De L’Eure is a pleasant site and at 14.50 Euro for the night not a bad deal, Wifi is only located by the office so Jo and Ian took to a bench outside to check all the stuff they need to check, travel blog is down so we are going to be spending half a day loading all of that on, meanwhile I polished up my skateboard for my 24 hour race tomorrow!!!!!!!


Additional photos below
Photos: 9, Displayed: 9


Advertisement



Tot: 0.067s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 14; qc: 31; dbt: 0.0392s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb