Surfing in Sand


Advertisement
France's flag
Europe » France » Centre » Amboise
November 24th 2008
Published: November 24th 2008
Edit Blog Post

21st November - 23rd November

Arcachon
We drove from San Sebastian on Friday in the rain. Leaving behind the wonderful tapa bars. We were staying in a hotel with the Sally and Brian from Palmy. Down the road from Arcachon are the Dune de Pylon. But we did't visit them until we had the Quantock-Holmes with us.

Our hotel was perfect. Kitchen and bathroom all separate from all the other rooms. Everyone had a bed with sheets and blankets.

Blake
The sand dunes were fast and cool. We jumped off the big cliffs. We ran down the big cliffs too. I got sand in my shoes, in my pockets and down my ****.

Anton, Nic and Mason built a contraption using the skim board and some rope. They pulled each other around for nearly two hours. The dunes are 3 kms long and 105m above sea level. There were a sight. So were the kids running up and down them.

We had a fantastic time with the Quantock-Holmes. It was great talking about all our adventures and swapping notes.

24th November

We're in Amboise today. Its in the Loire Valley and its freezing. I've never been so cold before. We need winter clothes now. The boys are still in tshirts. Visited the house Divinci spent his last three years in and it was great. The boys couldn't believe that back in the 15 century was drawing sketches for helicopters, tanks, gliders, steam paddles........ The garden of the house has all of these inventions built to a size that the kids can play with. THey ran from one strange and wonderful thing to the next. Maybe if I had of run I wouldn't have been so cold.



Additional photos below
Photos: 3, Displayed: 3


Advertisement



26th November 2008

Amboise - heat wave
I remember Amboise well..... there was a heat wave! I found an air-conditioned internet cafe to hide in for the afternoon and got an e-mail from Dan offering me a job!
2nd December 2008

Definitely no heat wave
It's freezing here now so no heat wave. And no job offers either.

Tot: 0.091s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 16; qc: 51; dbt: 0.0549s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb