Dijon


Advertisement
France's flag
Europe » France » Burgundy » Dijon
August 1st 2011
Published: August 1st 2011
Edit Blog Post

Hello all,
i realise the whole of italy passed without comment but i asssure it was due to lack of facilities rather than idleness. In fact what has become clear is that this trip is not quite the holiday i envisenged - with in most cases a day to see a major city, siteseeing becomes more of a mission than a repose. casing point was the hour run with my camera in tow that allowed me to explore loussanne. but jogging aside italy was lovely, verona undoubtably being the highlight- small but made a strong impression . the staple food for italy was pizza - not because we didnt fancy pasta but more to do with the fact that prices quickly doubled or quadrupled for a main meal. the nearest we got was some pasta we imported from croatia and persuaded the hostel owner to let us cook (italien hostels were very reminiscent of hotels in the services the offer/include in price). Special mention goes to the hot chocolate, thick enough to make eating with a spoon the most practical method, the drinks machines which actually have coffee beans with a grinder, and the house wine - cheaper than water and coming in the form of a jug. typing with an azerty keyboard doesnt let me express much, hence todays disorganized entry, so more will be coming post haste.

quick sidenote - birthday tomorrow :D
the next update should be a roundup with a bunch of pictures on the 4th

james, phillip, mick and russell


Additional photos below
Photos: 3, Displayed: 3


Advertisement



Tot: 0.069s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 14; qc: 51; dbt: 0.0394s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb