Résidence International d'Etudiants


Advertisement
France's flag
Europe » France » Burgundy » Dijon
January 4th 2007
Published: January 4th 2007
Edit Blog Post

ResidenceResidenceResidence

The view from my room
The Résidence I am residing in is based at 6 Rue Maréchal Leclerc, Dijon 21000. It houses 300 rooms in two batiments. The residence has a cafeteria which is open between October and June and serves breakfast and dinner; a pool table, table football, tennis court, lots and lots of green grass, a patio area, laundry room with two washers and two dryers, two TV rooms and a study room. I live in batiment A and on the fourth floor. There are no lifts so getting up to my room all the time does take a while (especially as I am so unfit!). In my room is a bed, desk, fridge, wardrobe, mirror, bathroom cabinet, sink, sheets, pillow and lamp. The room was pretty bare when I moved in, but luckily there is an IKea which is about a 20 minute walk away and on the number 4 bus line so i was able to go there and buy things like a duvet, a pillow, some storage units, a plant and just random stuff to make the room more homely. I also put up pictures form inside magazines I bought and random cards and letters my friends and family sent.
CafeteriaCafeteriaCafeteria

Another view from my room

Living in the residence is really cool. There are people from all over the world living there including, Norwegians, Canadians, Americans, Syriens, Lebanese, Tunisians, Algerians, Morrocans, Japanese, Ecuadorians, Spaniards, Germans, Chinese and Koreans. I am the only person from the United Kingdom, but that just makes it so more interesting.

People generally congregate on some sofas which are situated downstairs by the cafeteria where it is acceptable to smoke. The boys play the table football about one hundred times a day and everyone else smokes like chimneys. Alcohol is banned in the residence but people do still drink often in their rooms but sometimes downstairs in the cafeteria area.

During the day, the directrice works until about 5pm with other members of staff. The a kind fellow named Tourage works from 5pm til 10pm. This is the time when you can pick up your post. After 10pm either Brian or Dominic works all night until 8am the next morning. Dominic is an ex-prison warden and is very strict. He patrols the residence all night and gets very angry if he suspects someone is drinking alcohol. Brian is a young guy however is is much more cool about people
My roomMy roomMy room

My room
drinking. It is also an offence to have guest after 10pm but Brian lets you get away with this as well if you have friends staying.

The laundry room is a bit of a joke to be honest. It cost €2 for the washer and €2 for the drier. As there are only two of each it is so hard to get a machine. You normally have to wait for a weekday when most people are in University.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.081s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 7; qc: 47; dbt: 0.0443s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb