Bonjour amies


Advertisement
France's flag
Europe » France » Brittany
June 15th 2007
Published: June 15th 2007
Edit Blog Post

Bonjour Bloggers,

Well it is hard to believe that we have been away from home for a week now, how time flies when you are having fun.

The weather has not been so clement on this trip and yesterday and today we have had a lot of rain. However, it is beautiful to see the storms gathering and rolling across the horizon. I have attached some photos to this blog for your perusal.

We are having our usual good time on the farm. Our hosts, as always, making us feel so welcome and at home. The dogs have again adopted us and have moved in with us whenever they can get away with sneaking in. Although, Ian thought it was a bit much last night when Orkney the spaniel decided to get in bed with him! As I type this blog my friend Rosca in sitting at my feet sleeping, only rousing herself when I open the cupboard where I keep the dog biscuits.

Ian is presently off out for a ride with Shirley and Christine. He is in his element spending time grooming their horses in readiness for their rides and then trekking off with two very handsome ladies to cavort in the woods. He like to think he is a regular James Bond and of course their flattering remarks about his riding ability and relationship with the horses is only serving to make his head swell even more.

We went to the local market in Quimperle this morning and even though we had some seriously heavy showers, passed a very pleasant couple of hours. The French markets are really something else, if you have never been to one you are missing out on a superb experience.

A few years ago a Frenchman called Sam gave us some Hazelnut Tea and ever since we have been trying to find some to buy. Well this morning we visited the Salon de The stall on the market and there were two types of Hazelnut Tea to try so we bought both. Ian again, was philandering with the Madame selling the tea but I got one up on him with the handsome young garcon I bought the cheese from who flirted outrageously with me and fed me all sorts of different cheeses!

J’croix Monsieur Ian was jealous even though he claimed his Madame was much nicer - well look at the photos and judge for yourself who made the best pull - J’croix Madame Carrie wins hands down!

Despite our competition we returned to the farm and had a very pleasant lunch together consisting of our Hazelnut Tea, Pain Traditional and a selection of les fromages purchased from my handsome young beau.

We also purchased other fresh provisions to cook with a bottle of wine c’est soir. The quality of the food here c’est manifique it is fresh and beautifully presented - it just makes you want to buy it and go home and cook something gorgeous with it.

Quimperle is about 6 miles from the farm and is a very nice small town typical of this area, in fact typical of France; extremely clean, well kept and full of flowers everywhere you look. The French are so good at this and wherever you are in France be it a large city, town or village you will be very impressed by the displays not only in private houses but also the municipal flowers. It is a joy to see and makes such a difference to the whole environment. Look at some of the pictures on this blog to see what I mean, and believe me these are only very ordinary little places around where we are staying. In France it is the rule rather than the exception.

Quimperle is a very picturesque little town with cobbled streets, stone steps and a life which centres around its rivers the Isole and Elle which cross dramatically in the middle of town. Again, look at the pictures to see what I mean.

Yesterday we went to Plourmel, Josselin and Malestoit pictures again attached for you to see how lovely they all are.

We will blog you again soon. Our friend Shirley Malblanc whose pony Bonnie is liveried at the farm is setting off on a 3 three week trek along the Nantes Brest Canal in September to raise money for riding for the disabled. We are going to do a blog on Shirley and Bonnie and give you the address of the website about her association with riding for the disabled. She is a pretty amazing lady and has a lovely sweet pony Bonnie who loves a fuss.

As you are probably aware we love France as much as ever and are enjoying every minute of our experience here.

Au revoir mes amies……….



Additional photos below
Photos: 16, Displayed: 16


Advertisement



19th June 2007

Wish I was there!
Sounds (and looks) as if you're having a brilliant time - storms and all. It all looks so peaceful and unhurried - I guess out of school holidays is a good time to go. Quimperle looks beautiful; I love the pictures of the River and the pretty old buildings. As you say, the flowers add so much. Glad you're having a good time - you certainly needed the break. Hope you're feeling refreshed. Love Alex xxx

Tot: 0.272s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 9; qc: 49; dbt: 0.0565s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.3mb