Plage de Beauport, Moulin de Craca, Plouezec, Brehec and Lanloup


Advertisement
France's flag
Europe » France » Brittany » Paimpol
June 27th 2015
Published: June 28th 2015
Edit Blog Post

Another scooter day and Kisbee has really enjoyed itself whizzing us along the quiet lanes of this beautiful part of Brittany which we have been enjoying so much. It did help that the sun was out and shining beautifully with just a hint of cloud to protect us from burning.



We stopped first at the Moulin de Craca. A full sailed windmill on a cliff top overlooking the bay of Paimpol.

Only two problems. One, the mill is only open to visitors on Sunday and Tuesday and it was Saturday. Two, the carpark was pretty full with traveller, French ones this time, caravans, vans, and campervans.

We noted that they were stealing electricity by wiring their cable directly into the windmill’s external supply.

We decided not to park Kisbee in among them so drove through the bollards protecting the surrounds of the windmill and parked there instead but only stayed long enough to photograph it.

We did report to the campsite when we got back that they were there as don’t think many visitors to the windmill on Sunday would be too happy to leave their vehicles in that carpark.



We then tried the Abbaye to check if my cardigan had been handed in but sadly it hadn’t. I retraced my steps of yesterday from the point I’d last seen it on my photograph but nowhere to be found. I did disturb lots and lots of beautifully singing birds in the walled garden as think I was probably the first person in there for the morning.

Down from the Abbaye we found a footpath leading to the sea and the Plage de Beauport. Tide out of course so only a rocky seabed on display but the view across to Paimpol was lovely.



Back then in the opposite direction heading south. We stopped at the little town local to the campsite, Plouzel and had a look at the Saturday market but there was nothing to tempt us to buy so we carried on down to the coast.



Brehec Plage was lovely. A long wide expansive of golden sand just crying out for us to stroll along. So we did.

The tide, as we have become accustomed to this trip, was out so the boats which were in the shelter of the harbour wall were standing on the sand and no sea in their line of sight.

We realised though that the tide was just starting to turn, to come in, and by the time we had walked from one end of the beach to the other, collecting shells as we went along, the boats were mostly floating again.

We watched with amusement as a group of people danced and splashed around in the sea under orders from an instructor doing what we could only imagine was water aeorobics. A paddle along the edge of the quite warm water was quite enough for me.



We found a rather classy restaurant and I ordered Buisson de Langoustines. Didn’t know what a Buisson was (and just checked to find it translates as “Bush”). It was a pile of the freshest most delicious langoustines your taste buds can imagine served on a bed of seaweed (didn’t eat that) and a little pot of mayo for dipping. Bob had a galette and I tried, and succeeded, not to feel guilty.



Back on the harbour we watched as the tide came further up the enormous beach and split it into two medium sized ones instead as the water came up to and over the rocky area in the middle.

We also discovered that this was a very popular beach as the sand was hard enough for a car towing a boat to drive onto it to launch the boat directly into the sea. The sea was full of gently bobbing craft by the time we left including several canoes. Hmmm might have fancied that if I’d had a swimsuit with me.



One more stop and that was at Lanloup a few miles inland. There we found a wonderful old church which was bedecked with white flowers all ready for a wedding at 4pm. If either of the two creperies had been open we would have stayed for a drink to see the wedding as it was almost 3 o’clock but they were firmly shut so we returned to Kisbee and the campsite and then the swimming pool.





I think I have forgotten to state the name of this campsite, Camping de Cap de Brehat. Acsi discounted, of course, seaviews from every pitch and a half covered pool. We like it, a lot and are pleased we decided to stay here for all 3 days available to us as it is wonderfully peaceful and so lovely to look out of the Tandy window to see the sea. Not forgetting the wonderful serenades from the songbirds which live all around the site.


Additional photos below
Photos: 16, Displayed: 16


Advertisement



Tot: 0.295s; Tpl: 0.016s; cc: 28; qc: 150; dbt: 0.1675s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.5mb