Aurillac visitation


Advertisement
France's flag
Europe » France » Auvergne » Aurillac
December 4th 2012
Published: December 10th 2012
Edit Blog Post

Our trip to Aurillac to see Jack.

It started with an early trip up to Luton, for our flight to Paris. From Charles de guille we had to make our way to Bercy station for our 6hr ride to Aurillac via Clermont Ferrand. Its safe to say we managed it but didnt have the time to see Paris like I thought, fail. The trip went rather fast, with a quick swap over in Clermont.

Jack picked us up, and he took us to McDonalds. The first day there Jack showed us his local bakery where we had bagettes, paninis, then to his local cafe, cafe milk. We did a little exploring thru the city, old architecture really cool feel to the place, windy little roads, shutters on all the windows, big old doors.

The weather was pretty misrable, especially because Jack said it doesnt really rain there haha wrong, lucky Jack had a playstation and harddrives, a good time to relax.

Jack has a nice little place, 2 storey, living on the first loving on the second.

We had a lunch at the buffet chinese place, with his fellow international players, went to a wine tasting was quite hard with the language barrier, they were all a bit strong, tried some foie gras, was tasty but goes against my beliefs.

Went to the Wednesday markets, was awesome , loved it, again language made it hard, but managed to get some veges for a roast, a leg of rabbit for me, and some strong blue cheese that was the stongest penicillin tasting ive ever had, and not the nicest.

Watched Jack play Lyon, he won , was messy rugby, weather was rainy and so cold, but the atmosphere was still great a small brass band banging out music, heaps of people with flags, and Jack was on the programme. Jack had a clash with the 1st five, both came out worse for wear. Jack carried on tho. After the game Jack had to wear like 70s style Joe dirt clothes, I had his big team Jacket on every one was looking at me oddly, I even got asked for an autograph, i got embarrased instead of acting cool and signing it.

Some of the best part of the rugby was the after match feed we got in on, cheesy mash and bangers, with a cheese tray, and a weird salad with pickles, i hounded it down, and some red wine with some players. Didnt get any escargo though , next time. Went and drank with the players first at one of the Tongan guys house with the other islanders , always fun . Then to a small bar that the players always go to , and being a Sunday and the owner a big supporter he opened up.

We went for a trip out to some big man made lakes from dams for power. Beatiful countryside.

The last night there Jack, Me and Anno a south african went out , not planning a big night but out till 5:30, bad move considering we had to be up to drive to Clermont at 7.

In Clermont we had a brief look around seems like a really nice place, cant remember the population, but decent size. Really cool town center.

Then the reverse trip back to Paris then London, in Europe and the UK, people take their pets everywhere, I think it was holidays in France and someone had taken their cat with them on the train it was making a horrible noise.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.114s; Tpl: 0.018s; cc: 13; qc: 50; dbt: 0.0368s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb