Mimizan--French Beach Town


Advertisement
France's flag
Europe » France » Aquitaine
July 10th 2007
Published: July 10th 2007
Edit Blog Post

Total Distance: 0 miles / 0 kmMouse: 0,0

Minette and Craig's Honeymoon



Minette and Craig's Honeymoon
Minette and Craig
We had an exciting time getting to Mimizan from Bordeaux. We took an noon time train to a town we still can't spell or pronounce, Labouyhre. Unfortunately, even though we knew a bus travelled from there to Mimizan we couldn't find a schedule. I think they didn't put it online because the schedule is so small. The bus goes in the morning once and back, then again in the evening. We missed it and didn't want to wait. Thankfully, we were able to get a ride with a someone else trekking to the beach.

Mimizan is a town split in two. Mimzan-Bourg and Mimzan-Plage, which is right down on the water built beside a river and in a French national forest. It is a pretty place with pine trees planted wide apart in very sandy soil. We've been spending our days trying to get as much beach time as possible, which has been a challenge since we've had to time it between rainstorms and have had to ignore the constant wind. Still the sand is soft and beautiful and the water is warm, about 17 degrees Celsius, not much colder than the air.

We were able to rent bikes and have been riding to the store and to beaches a little further afield. We've also been getting bread, cheese, wine, and jambon, which Minette is having to eat as they don't have other lunch meats, but that's okay, because it is a lot like prosciutto anyway.

Tomorrow, we have to get up early to catch on of those irregularly running busses, so we can catch the train in the town we can't spell or pronounce and get ourselves to the Spanish border. From there, we might walk across the border and then figure out how we will get to San Sebastian.

Advertisement



10th July 2007

Awesome!
You two are having a great time, I see. Love the photo's. I enjoy reading your travel blog and wish I were there! Travel safe and have fun, fun, fun! Love, Denise
11th July 2007

wow. we miss you.
i love this blogging thing...i can't believe i can see some of what you see so soon after you see it.!... I hope you both are having a lovely time. you are missing a heat wave in seattle. maybe honeymooners make their own heat wave... patti
12th July 2007

Happy Birthday, Minette!
Wow, this trip looks awesome so far! Keep up the good blogging! -Jen

Tot: 0.159s; Tpl: 0.017s; cc: 14; qc: 66; dbt: 0.0499s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.3mb