The Tent


Advertisement
France's flag
Europe » France » Aquitaine » Gensac
March 26th 2013
Published: March 26th 2013
Edit Blog Post

So we have bought a second hand Hi Gear Caplin 5 tent off a Facebook page Chicken set up last year after we wanted some bit and didn't want to pay full price.

Anyway we got this:



It is 470cm x 290cm so plenty of space for both of us and all our kit. I am 6'3'' and can stand with a little space so not a problem getting changed etc. It has a sewn in ground sheet so no water ingress or bug in the summer (I wish we had that problem). Now we got it for £70 which i was very pleased with considering the same size tent now would be between £200 and £250. We put it up in front of our garage to make sure we had all the bits and that there were no gaping holes or rips. I am pleased to say there weren't although we did have to spend about 20 minutes or so sorting all the guy ropes out as there were some very interesting knots. The previous owner clearly didn't understand how self leveling guy ropes worked. (Idea for YouTube Video).

Now we planned to buy a tent carpet for it to make it a bit more comfy, cozy and warm. But Hi Gear no longer make the tent or any of the accessories for it and I have been unable to find a second hand one. I found a small rug in our garage that we are going to use in the meantime. I am on the lookout for a large rug with a good rubber button on it. The importance of this will be evident if you read my blog on the test camp.

More photos added after the weekend.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.082s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 13; qc: 49; dbt: 0.0507s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb