Spain Day 50


Advertisement
France's flag
Europe » France » Aquitaine » Bordeaux
February 13th 2019
Published: February 13th 2019
Edit Blog Post

It's been seven weeks since we left our home in Les Sables, and apart from a few days staying with relatives this little van has been our home throughout that time - officially our longest motorhome trip ever!

Another lovely peaceful night on a French Aire (for which we willing paid 3€ via the "honesty box" on the wall of the Mairie!). Our Austrian friend, Igor, had left later in the evening, so we had the place to ourselves.

We'd arranged to meet Tony's sister in Bordeaux, so we headed for the car park in Allées de Chartres, where we knew motorhomes could park during the day (but weren't welcome overnight!). A fair trek for the morning, but we'd had a good breakfast (almost "brunch" - scrambled eggs on toast with lots of coffee). Setting the Satnav for "avoid tolls" gave us a pleasant mixture of free motorways for speed, and what used to be called "routes nationales," which allowed us to see more of the countryside and the towns and villages en route.

Bordeaux is still a beautiful city, albeit like all cities busy, crowded and noisy. We had a good couple of hours catching up with Tony's sister, including coffee and cakes at one of her local spots.

When it was time to part, we headed off to a campsite out of town (as there's still no actual Aire or campsite ANYWHERE in the city!).

3718km total now, so 190 today.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.041s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 10; qc: 26; dbt: 0.0235s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb