Wedding and surf


Advertisement
France's flag
Europe » France » Aquitaine » Biarritz
September 2nd 2006
Published: September 2nd 2006
Edit Blog Post

GrandadGrandadGrandad

Axe's Grandad, Uncle and Aunty
Hello again! We are back and hopefully now having internet at home we'll be keeping you more up to date with what we have been doing.
This happened almost a year ago.
We left to Paris on the 1st Sept by Eurostar this time, forget about the coach!
It was great, we arrived early and went straight to visit my Grandad who lives about 1 hour by train from Paris.
We spent the night at Tiphaine and Murilo's place, they have a studio not very far from the centre of Paris. We didn't do much that night. The next day we made our way to my Auntie's place where the wedding was happening, not before Tom went to a MacDonalds to have a Royal with cheese and beer (have a look at the Pulp Fiction movie if you don't understand what we are talking about).
The wedding was really nice, it happened at the Town Hall and the Mayor of the town married them. After the ceremony we made our way to my Aunty's house where they had pre dinner drinks and canapes and later on we went to the party where Morrocan dinner was served and the party happened.
Do you know how they call Quarter Pounder in France?Do you know how they call Quarter Pounder in France?Do you know how they call Quarter Pounder in France?

Royal with cheese and they are served with a beer. A Real Beer!
It was really good to see everyone. I hadn't seen some of them in about 15 years!
After the whole wedding celebrations finnished we made our way back to Paris and the next day early in the morning we made our way to Biarritz.
We found a little village not far from Biarritz where we could camp and the beach was only a couple of minutes walk. It was great to see the ocean again and actually enjoy the sun and being outside. Tom managed to hire a surf board and although the surf wasn't great he managed to stay a good four hours out.
The place is beautiful and there weren't a lot of people around as the summer holidays were over. We had a great time a part from the time that the lady at the sandwich shop refused to serve mayonnaise in Tom's salami sandwich. She'sasked him if he was sure and when Tom said yes she still gave him an evill look and gave him butter. :o) We had a good laugh!












Additional photos below
Photos: 7, Displayed: 7


Advertisement

The weddingThe wedding
The wedding

Axe's cousin's wedding - Delphine and Nabyl
Leaving the Town HallLeaving the Town Hall
Leaving the Town Hall

Mr and Mrs Amri
The Dinner PartyThe Dinner Party
The Dinner Party

Delphine and Veronique
More Champagne??More Champagne??
More Champagne??

Why not! Celia and Coralie the cousins that I hadn't seen in 15 years.


Tot: 0.076s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 13; qc: 27; dbt: 0.0461s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb