Touring the town of Saales


Advertisement
France's flag
Europe » France » Alsace
May 20th 2009
Published: June 30th 2009
Edit Blog Post

With the blinds and shutters closed, the four of us slept in today not getting up until 9:00 am. Sandy, who has pneumonia as we discovered yesterday, is still not feeling much better so I feel bad that we have come by just at this time.

We had breakfast and the four children played for a while before it was time for Sandy to take them off to their activities.

We four decided to take a tour around town and over to the woods. It turns out the town is quite compact, with the railway station where we arrived yesterday just a short walk away. We walked down to the railways station, crossed the tracks, and followed the trail for a bit along some beautiful meadows before finding the woods.

On our way back we stopped by the one small store and bought some food for lunch along with a present for little Sasha whose birthday it is tomorrow.

Back at the house, we had our lunch and then settled down to an afternoon of school work. We managed to get in about 3 hours, but still have a lot to do to finish for June so the next few weeks are going to be quite packed.

About 5:30, Sandy returned home with her children, which made our guys quite happy. After dinner we sat around talking while the kids played outside. Sandy and Danial have plans to move to England this summer, so this is their last few months in this beautiful house, which is a shame. The distances to get places (like Sandy's work or the sports that the children do) are just too difficult from here. They have a few appointments of people coming tomorrow to look at the house either to rent it or to buy it, so we turned in a bit earlier in order to be up in the morning.


Additional photos below
Photos: 7, Displayed: 7


Advertisement



Tot: 0.096s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 5; qc: 45; dbt: 0.0631s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb