Epernay to Obernai


Advertisement
France's flag
Europe » France » Alsace » Obernai
June 10th 2018
Published: June 11th 2018
Edit Blog Post

Total Distance: 0 miles / 0 kmMouse: 0,0

Epernay to Obernai


Today we had to say goodbye to Epernay and drive 370km to the eastern part of France, and the Strasbourg area in Alsace. The drive was not tiring as we were on the A roads at 130km most of the time. Half way we stopped at Verdun where there is a WW1 memorial and museum depicting the struggles of both the French and German Army's in the 300 day war during 1914. While I an not a war enthusiast, you have to admire the resilience and sacrifices that so many made for their country. I always think that there has to be a better way to resolve disputes! Sorry there is no photos, we took about 150 and they have been lost, we think the spirits of the solders didn't want us taking photos.

On to Obernai and what a fantastic town, we were so enchanted walking around last night to see what Rose has coined "her Biscuit Tin town". Ask you mum if you don't know what that is. Once again, we have chosen wonderful accommodation, we have a three bedroom apartment in the center of the city. The Airbnb listing is: https://www.airbnb.com/rooms/3022605.


Additional photos below
Photos: 3, Displayed: 3


Advertisement



Tot: 0.103s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 13; qc: 48; dbt: 0.0663s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb