Niedermorschwihr Surfing


Advertisement
France's flag
Europe » France » Alsace » Niedermorschwihr
July 6th 2009
Published: September 12th 2009
Edit Blog Post

Some of you may know of the world wide, internet based hospitality club called Couch Surfing. The idea of that club is simple … if you are travelling to a certain destination do a search and see if someone will let you sleep on their couch, or even meet you for coffee and a chat.

Lorenza, our friend Florence and I came up with a similar idea after consuming a few glasses of Alsace wine. Our idea was simple enough …. Select destinations and try and travel the world, solely using the connections we made when we visited my cousin’s place in Alsace. We named our wacky idea “Niedermorschwihr Surfing”, the name is a bit of a mouthful, but the idea is a good one.

On the day we came up with the idea we could easily have secured contacts and accommodation in a number of German cities, the east coast of Australia, numerous towns in the south east and south west of France, plus Italy and Switzerland. To add new destinations we decided that we simply had to make as many return trips to Niedermorschwihr as possible.

We may give this idea a try on our next trip to Europe!


Additional photos below
Photos: 3, Displayed: 3


Advertisement



Tot: 0.275s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 31; qc: 138; dbt: 0.1621s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.4mb