Too many goodbyes


Advertisement
France's flag
Europe » France » Alsace » Niedermorschwihr
July 7th 2009
Published: August 2nd 2009
Edit Blog Post

Our trip is drawing to a very sudden close - we will fly back into Sydney on July 10, so over the next few days (6th to 7th) we have to say too many goodbyes and also apologise to those who we ran out of time to visit. We dropped Florence off at Strasbourg airport and only just made it time wise and also fuel (the fuel gauge in the little 205 was flashing "help, help, help" for a few km's before we got to the airport. All going well we will see "Super Flo" again in 2011.

Next it was farewell to Christiane, Bernadette and Etienne who we had had so much fun with while in Nieder... Plus, having to farewell Jean and Beatrice is never easy because they have such a big place in our hearts - I wish our place in the Hawkesbury was just around the corner from Alsace and we could see each other more. Beatrice - your suggestion to organise a holiday somewhere for us four next time is a great idea ... we shall discuss the suggestions and timing soon I hope.

We got a lift to Colmar station with Etienne and Jean, waving goodbye to them as the train pulled out to go to Strasbourg and then Frankfurt. Both Lorenza and I are always so happy to be going home and at the same time so sad to have to say goodbye - such a bitter sweet mixture of feelings!


Additional photos below
Photos: 20, Displayed: 20


Advertisement

near gear knobnear gear knob
near gear knob

the video proves it flashes on and off
bye Alsace a bientotbye Alsace a bientot
bye Alsace a bientot

the shop we bought the sausages from that customs seized in Sydney


Tot: 0.069s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 15; qc: 29; dbt: 0.0428s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb