Construction begins!


Advertisement
Finland's flag
Europe » Finland » Uusimaa » Helsinki
April 28th 2007
Published: April 28th 2007
Edit Blog Post

BonfireBonfireBonfire

David and Danijela's birthday party.
So this was a pretty exciting week for me. We finally got to the construction stage in our design-build project at school. We got the lumber delivered and spent thursday and friday cutting the 2x2 lumber to length. I've been working a lot to get the drawings done so haven't been out much in the past couple weeks. We get more wood delivered on Wednesday so we can continue cutting and start building. We should be done construction by the 16th so that could be my next post. Cross your fingers that everything goes smoothly for us!

Here are also some pictures from a bonfire we had at school a couple weekends ago. We were on campus at the edge of the sea. I brought marshmallows and David brought chocolate and cinnamon crackers (no graham crackers to be found). We taught everyone how to make s'mores which they loved. Actually, most of them had never roasted sausages or marshmallows at all, so it was funny to hear all the questions they had.

The last pictures are from two churches I went to visit yesterday. Finland has so many beautiful churches to see, I've definitely got some catching up
BonfireBonfireBonfire

Davide, Katherine, and Philip.
to do.



Additional photos below
Photos: 15, Displayed: 15


Advertisement

BonfireBonfire
Bonfire

Burning everything we could get our hands on... old models and all.
BonfireBonfire
Bonfire

Birthday boy David.
ConstructionConstruction
Construction

Stacks of 2X2s ready to go!
ConstructionConstruction
Construction

My professor Kimmo helping sort wood.
ConstructionConstruction
Construction

Katherine checking out the plans.
ConstructionConstruction
Construction

David cutting the first pieces!
ConstructionConstruction
Construction

End of a hard day's work. Masa (right), Philip, and David.
Pakila ChurchPakila Church
Pakila Church

Architect: Juha Leiviskä.
Otaniemi chapelOtaniemi chapel
Otaniemi chapel

Back windows


28th April 2007

Holy, Holy, Holy
Hi Jess, Your project is very exciting ! I was distracted however by the beautiful white interior shot of the church. If heaven has chapels, I am sure one of them must look something like this! We had a good time at Grandpa's Bday party, I guess Grandpa did too. Must get out to your Mom and Dad's to see the finished product basement soon. I am off to Vancouver week after next, so will stop by to see Heather, and see if we can find Scott.E. too! Carry on ! You are doing a great job!
31st May 2007

Otaniemi Chapel
Hi! Lovely pictures from our beautiful chapel! You were lucky, as the chapel was closed in the beginning of May and will be closed untill the end of the year. Already some disappointed people have been here, although we've tried to inform by every possible way tha The Chapel of Otaniemi is closed because of the renovation.

Tot: 0.049s; Tpl: 0.013s; cc: 7; qc: 24; dbt: 0.0283s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb